Pool guy not enthused with our method

May 9, 2015
Southern TN
Pool store rep came by to check something about my liner today. He saw my bottles of bleach so it struck up a conversation needless to say. He told me that bleach would ruin my liner and something about the bleach eating up internal parts of my filter... I argued with him about the relationship btwn cya and FC and he said 98-99% Trichlor tablets were just the same and would not raise my cya levels. Interesting convo. One of those agree to disagree moments.

Yeah....interesting...in the sense of "interesting how absolutely wrong he is" ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as he told you tablets don't raise CYA you should have just called him an idiot and told him to leave.

I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS!! :rolleyes:

One of my all time favorite movies....

bbfe6a101b4047c9e46315bffcba4b54.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was actually wondering a bit about the bleach fading the liner issue. My pool won't be ready for swimming at all for another month, its at 56 degrees now. My FC level is at 10ppm. The wife was concerned it could fade the liner having chlorine that high for a month. Should I lower the levels a bit or is she worrying about nothing. Thanks!

I've been trying to get my cousin to use TFP on his new pool. He had a pool pro over to give him a session on the equipment and the "pro" has convinced him that I am just "shocking" my pool everyday...lol. So now dear cousin is going to use pucks in a floater. The big kicker...he just drained ALL the water because the CYA was at least 100. But he says the pool pro told him that he "won't have to drain that often!!!!" Oh well...I'm just a girl so what do I know...lol.

Crystal...she of the sparkalicious crystal clear pool water!

One of our site experts has a running experiment where he has placed a piece of liner in a bottle of straight bleach. It's been in there since last year and no noticeable effect. No fading. No loss of flexibility. Nothing.

Guess that pretty much debunks that myth.

I was actually wondering a bit about the bleach fading the liner issue. My pool won't be ready for swimming at all for another month, its at 56 degrees now. My FC level is at 10ppm. The wife was concerned it could fade the liner having chlorine that high for a month. Should I lower the levels a bit or is she worrying about nothing. Thanks!

Do you have any CYA in the water? CYA buffers the chlorine so its not so harsh. A pool with NO CYA and 3ppm FC is much harsher than one with CYA and 10ppm FC.

What is your CYA level?

I've been trying to get my cousin to use TFP on his new pool. He had a pool pro over to give him a session on the equipment and the "pro" has convinced him that I am just "shocking" my pool everyday...lol. So now dear cousin is going to use pucks in a floater. The big kicker...he just drained ALL the water because the CYA was at least 100. But he says the pool pro told him that he "won't have to drain that often!!!!" Oh well...I'm just a girl so what do I know...lol.

Crystal...she of the sparkalicious crystal clear pool water!

No way!! :rant:

Ok then...yea...dumb girl in a band simply must be an idiot. :roll:

I cannot WAIT until they ask you how you REALLY do it. Sorry, but that really annoys me. :hammer:

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I just put it in this past weekend, so waiting to test it since I've read it takes about a week to register on a test.

If you used a sock, you can see it in 24 hours max once it is completely dissolved and sock is empty. The forum used to say that, but not any longer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.