Ta=250???

Aug 26, 2012
Liberty, Tx.
I started my pool up about a month ago and have had great test results using a 4 year old TF-100 kit.
FC=8
PH=7.2
TA=110
CYA=60

Started running out of test chemicals so ordered a new refill kit and received it last week. This past week we have gotten quite a bit of rain and had to drain about 4" off this past week. Today I used the new test kit and the TA is now showing 250. Does the TA test chemicals expire over time? Dont know how the TA got so high over the past week.

FC=8
PH=7.2
TA=250
CYA=45

Not really an opening but drain, power wash and fill. When filled added muriatic acid to get ph down to 7.2. Then added bleach to get FC to 8. Then 4lbs of stabilizer from walmart. Nothing else has been added (other then these). My TA was at 110 through several storms. Then today's rain and its showing 290 as of a few minutes ago. When I used my old kit today I was completely out of R0009 so I used the new reg. R0009 is the only thing different. Might be my imagination but the drops look smaller then my old R0009.

Not really an opening but drain, power wash and fill. When filled added muriatic acid to get ph down to 7.2. Then added bleach to get FC to 8. Then 4lbs of stabilizer from walmart. Nothing else has been added (other then these). My TA was at 110 through several storms. Then today's rain and its showing 290 as of a few minutes ago. When I used my old kit today I was completely out of R0009 so I used the new reg. R0009 is the only thing different. Might be my imagination but the drops look smaller then my old R0009.

Did you wipe the tip after every drop? :) I have to so just throwing that out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So this morning I tested the water like I normally do TA=220. So I changed the tips from my old bottle, no change. Tested my tap water and TA=290. So I got another sample from my pool. 1 drop and wipe and finally got TA=110. Thats weird that I have never had to wipe the tip before.

Thanks for the help.

That is unusual but not unheard of. Water I've dealt with is 180-200 TA not too far from me, but I didnt know it was that high in that part of Texas. Still, that is quite a disparity between the results even wiping the tip. I know this comes up, and it is occasionally a problem, I've just never experienced the static issue. If you can repeat that, then go with 110. The R0009 should last a very long time under good storage conditions just as an aside, but its always best to have fresh reagent. They simply don't warrant saving money on for the huge value they provide.

Patrick I tested my pool water again, doing the wipe method and TA=110. So I guess I have static bulding up on my tip. I also tested my tap water again wipping tip and TA=170. So pretty close to what you are seeing.

Again everyone thanks for the help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.