heater options

Apr 19, 2017
Lyndhurst
Hi, I have a large pool, about 25K gallons. Unfortunately, it is not heated and I am not able to add a gas heater for a few reasons (no gas line back in the area of my filter, or have a way to run one and lastly, no room by my filter to add a heater). With that, my pool is always too cold for me to enjoy. any ideas to warm the pool?

Welcome to TFP!

The first thing to try is a solar cover. We recommend a thin, cheap cover no because they are easier to handle and last about as long as thicker, more expensive covers. I use an 8 mil clear cover. Blue is fine too if you like that better. It will significantly slow heat loss overnight and allow your pool to slowly warm up over time. My solar cover keeps my pool about 5 to 8 degrees warmer typically. It slow overnight heat loss from 5-8 degrees down to 1 tom2 degrees, sometimes 3 most nights. Not counting rainy days and cold windy nights. But it always helps.

Next you can use solar panels if you have some space available on a roof facing south or west. Solar panels can add significantly to the warmth of a pool.

Or you can use a heat pump.

We like warm water and the pool has some shade most of the day. So, we use all 3 of the above. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.