Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Keeping bottom of pool clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Keeping bottom of pool clean

Aloha, all. Is there a simple way to keep the bottom of the pool clean? I notice areas where dirt/etc tends to accumulate that makes it easier to clean that ONE area every day and thereby maybe only cleaning the whole pool one or so a week. I have a German Shepard that only sheds once a year, (unfortunately, the once a year lasts 365 days, grrr). Pool is level with our patio so hair is constantly blown into the pool, but it seems to eddy into clumps to easily scoop. How can I encourage more debris to accumulate? (maybe put a tile or big stone in the middle of the pool? etc. My pool is 8x20 and 7' deep of water with 1 1/2 suction at the bottom on one end and the 1 1/2 return at the top of the other end. thanks
    francis
    7800 Gal. 8' wide x 20' long x 7' deep
    Hayward 1200 Cartridge 7200 GPH, Waterworks 1/8 hp 2400 GPH
    Made from 20 Container Lined with "PolyUrea/Rhino Lining"
    Workshop, welding etc,+office+living area running off grid on 10kw PV

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Keeping bottom of pool clean

it doesn't sound like you have a skimmer?
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

reebok, check out his avatar, it's a homebrew made from a steel shipping container.

spdas, maybe you want a vaccuum?
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

4. Back To Top    #4

Aloha, Guys. Yes I have a Vacuum, but I was thinking lazy. I guess I can make that vacuuming fun and exercise!! Yes, I modify containers as my business into affordable housing, offices and thought it would be a gr8 WOW factor for customers and of course for my fun. I made a few mistakes that I guess I will pay for in the future,,,,,, I Painted the inside blue (over my 2 part poly urea).!!! But the pool sure is fun here in Hawaii. ..... right outside my doorstep. I made it easy to get into cause I am in a wheelchair and now have grapple holds along the top roof crosspieces that supports the white tarp, another exercise thing!!

francis

5. Back To Top    #5

yeah, that ocean water is way too cold. (I have family in Honolulu, we're out there about every other year.) Da kine container mus be nice.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

6. Back To Top    #6

Aloha, yes nice and warm and VERY convenient. Take a dip right b-4 bed and sleep like a baby. I will cover the ends this winter and install maybe 4 2x20 solar heaters and swim into late fall.

francis

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR
    reebok, check out his avatar, it's a homebrew made from a steel shipping container.
    in my defense that wasn't there when originally posted. I did see his other thread with the full picture but didn't pay attention to the name.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.