Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Triton powerstream. Any reviews?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Triton powerstream. Any reviews?

Hi. Trying find reviews, opinions, info on this new cleaner.
    18,000, salt water, concrete, aqua rite, t-9, hayward sp30 pump, Tagelous TA-60/60D filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Triton powerstream. Any reviews?

I just ordered this one, but haven't received it yet. This will be my first robot, so I'm not sure I'll be able to give much comparative insight. Once I get it, I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts.

Little Rock, AR - 25,000 Gallons Free-form Gunite (2017)
    Pentaire Intelliflo 2 3hp VSP & Intelliflo Whisperflo 3/4hp pump for water features
    Mastertemp 400K heater
    Clean and Clear Plus 420 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intellichlor IC40 & Intellitouch Controls

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

For all intents and purposes, it is the same as the Doheny's Discovery, Dolphin S200, Active 20, and the Pentair Prowler 920. Reviews of any of them will be applicable. Have you seen this thread...

https://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...ny-s-Discovery
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

So I've run my Triton Powerstream through 3 cycles now. As I mentioned before I have never owned a pool or pool robot before, so I can't speak to this one relative to others. With that said, this thing does a pretty good job of cleaning the pool. I needed the 60' cord, so this was important to me. It is pretty impressive to watch it climb walls and scrub the tile. It also occasionally climbs my stairs to clean parts of the tanning ledge. I can't say I've figured out how it decides to go where it goes. It is pretty random in my opinion. It did miss a couple of spots the first cycle, but seemed to get everything by the 2nd cycle. I suppose a higher end model with remote steering would take of that as well, but for the price difference I'm fine letting it take a couple cycles to make sure it gets everything.

The top loading filters are easy to use and clean. I've been using the pleated fine filters due to all the pollen in the pool.

All-in-all, so far so good. I'm scheduling it to run once a day while the pollen is falling. It has options to run every other day or every three days. It also has a delay function, but I'm not sure if I'll ever use it.

Little Rock, AR - 25,000 Gallons Free-form Gunite (2017)
    Pentaire Intelliflo 2 3hp VSP & Intelliflo Whisperflo 3/4hp pump for water features
    Mastertemp 400K heater
    Clean and Clear Plus 420 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intellichlor IC40 & Intellitouch Controls