Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Install Hayward sand filter S244T

1. Back To Top    #1

Install Hayward sand filter S244T

Hi, Everyone going to open pool in late may my sand filter been leaking last few years finally going to install new one.
    My question is should i have it installed before i open pool or have them (pool co.) install it around this time when there not so busy.
    Pool company closes pool for me but i been opening pool for the last 3 years and planning on doing it this year also just didn't know
    if i should open it first than have them install sand filter or have them come out now before i open pool. Thanks
    Inground fiberglass pool 6000 gallons
    Hayward fiberglass sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Install Hayward sand filter S244T

I would think it would be best to install the filter in conjunction with the opening. At closing, I suspect the old filter was probably drained, so it would seem (to me) counterproductive to fill the old filter just to drain it and replace it. With temps on the rise, the sooner you can do all of this and open the better to avoid an algae bloom. Hope that helps. Enjoy your swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Install Hayward sand filter S244T

It helps, still waiting for michigan to warm up to start the swim season. Thank You!
    Inground fiberglass pool 6000 gallons
    Hayward fiberglass sand filter