When to run pump

I don't think it really matters filtration-wise if it's continuous or split, day or night, as long as you get the turnover you need. If you're adding chemicals in the evening, then you'll want the pump running while you do that, and for an hour or three afterwards as well.

I run mine when I add chemicals and when swimming. I usually add chems in the evening after the sun goes down and it runs for about two hours then. In the morning, it kicks on for another two to give the cleaner a chance to get the leaves and debris. If we swim, I'll run it as well.

Split or continuous is really up to you. You just want to make sure that your water is turned over at least once and the time that this takes depends on lots of factors (filter size, volume of water in the pool, pump size, etc.)

Do you have smart meters where you live? They are fairly big in Canada, not sure about the US. They basically allow you to be charged different electrical rates depending on the time of the day the power is being used. We get a significant energy savings by running ours at night vs. the day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.