Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 keeps going on its side

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 keeps going on its side

Polaris 360 keeps going on its side
    and doesn't seem to make contact with the floor i can't figure out what is it, anyone?
    I will try and post a video
    Last edited by Deanregev; 04-18-2017 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add photo

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

In the Industry

Re: Polaris 360 keeps going on its side

Try adjusting the thruster to 11:00-12:00 o'clock,also check your wheel rpm's

3. Back To Top    #3

On my 360, the debris bag has a nylon strap that goes to a clip on the hose. I don't know if this clip is just to hold the bag upright or if it also helps position the hose - but you can get the clip if yours is lost at most any pool supply store.
    Polaris 9-100-3135 Bag Tie Collars on Sale at YourPoolHQ
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks you guys I tried adjusting it with no luck do you think this clip have any affect on the fact that it goes crooked?

5. Back To Top    #5

I don't know - but if the bag is hanging off to one side, the weight of the bag with debris in it may cause cleaner to lean to one side and/or track wrong.
    I know the water flow is "through the bag" so if the bag is not hanging correctly the water flow could be turning the cleaner (like the jet drive in a boat).
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station

6. Back To Top    #6

In the manual, if also suggests to remove the head float and shake it to check for water. If there is water, replace the head float. The head float is the white orb attached to the rear of the cleaner body. It also suggests to make sure the hose floats are spaced evenly.
    ============================================================ ===========
    12,000 gal. IG Colorquartz, 1.65hp Sta-Rite with 2-spd motor, 300sf cartridge, disabled SWG, AquaLogic P4, Polaris 280, gas+solar, 6' sheer descent with dedicated pump

7. Back To Top    #7

👍👍👍 thanks I'll check that when I get home!