High Phosphate in pool

Y Leaf

Gold Supporter
I went to the pool store for the first time this year to purchase supplies and just for the fun of it, I took a water sample. They now test for phosphate, a new thing at my local store. Mine is 3162; I was advised to add phosphate remover. I read an older post on this forum from a few years ago that said not to worry about phosphates. Wondering if this is still your recommendation? My water and pool are beautiful with no problems. It was open all winter. I greatly appreciate your advice.

Hi leaf, and welcome back!

About 99% of us don't care about it and never test for them, myself included. Your pool sounds like it speaks for itself. Keep doing what you are and it will stay just as nice.

Patrick is right.... remember that phosphates are algae food. BUT if you don't *have* algae in the first place, why do you care if you have their food??

Don't buy in to the phosphate scare. Its just another attempt to sell you "magic potions" that drain your wallet.

Yippee :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.