Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CVA 24 Compool valve stops leaking air when I run water over it

1. Back To Top    #1

CVA 24 Compool valve stops leaking air when I run water over it

HI,

So this seems to be my suction side leak.

What's next?

Replace O rings and see if that fixes it? (Can someone give me link to these O rings? So I am prepared with housing O ring and stem o rings?)

One site said these parts were obsolete!

Replace whole valve since it is 8 yrs old?

Bob
    Thanks As Always!
    Bob

23,000 gal in-ground, Aquarite salt sys, Intellitouch i7 +3, Hayward cartridge filter (4) C-5025, Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner, 3/4 HP booster pump, Hydrazzo plaster.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CVA 24 Compool valve stops leaking air when I run water over it

Try INYOPools.com They often have the odd and assorted things we seek for pools and great advice on installation.

Yip
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

I have the same problem. I think I'm going to replace the entire actuator since its 9 years old.
    20k gal pool/spa, marc, 2 hp pentair whisperflo, Pentair clean & clear filter, Raypack Reheem 266 heater. Taylor K2005 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hang on. It is the valve that is leaking, not the CVA24 actuator which just gets attached to the valve.

My solar valve was leaking a TON of water all the sudden. Tried to replace the o-rings and that did not seem to help. My problem ended up being the plastic cover portion of the valve which had worn down from the solar valve turning on and off, so the o-rings would not seal. Maybe if I could find slightly thicker o-rings it would have worked.

Bottom line, there is probably no need to cut the entire valve out of the plumbing and replace it. But, o-rings may not be enough either and you might need other parts. Depending on the cost of parts, it might be cheaper to buy the entire valve. But, I would try to just use the parts to refresh the existing valve (assuming you get the same brand) before I start cutting and messing with PVC.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

In the Industry

6. Back To Top    #6

$5.09 worth of o-rings and the leak has disappeared. Thanks for the info, I didn't realize the CVA24 mounted on top of the diverted valve. Saved me from spending a lot of extra cash for nothing.
    Took about 15 minutes to replace the o-rings.
    20k gal pool/spa, marc, 2 hp pentair whisperflo, Pentair clean & clear filter, Raypack Reheem 266 heater. Taylor K2005 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

Great! Glad I was able to save you some money

Consider using some of that savings to become a TFP supporter
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!