Cost for 2 Pentair Magicbowl's $11,480?!?!

Apr 18, 2017
FL
Hey guys,

We are putting in an in ground pool with a pool builder here in south florida on our new construction home. The pool has not begun construction yet, but very soon.

We wanted to put in 2 of the pentair Magicbowls which are basically just waterbowls that also have a flickering light in them for at night. The pool builder said this will cost over $11,000? They said the 2 stone columns where it will sit cost $3300 and that parts will be another $8000 or so

I see I can get these online with the motor for about $1000 a piece. So $2000 for 2 of them then $9,000 worth of installation costs? Seems VERY high. Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks

How about asking the PB to lay the pipe/electricity for them and you'll add them yourself later?

Yippee :flower:

This is what we did for our future waterfall. He stubbed the pipe up in the decking and that is all he is doing.

I don't have any other good ideas but thought I'd chime in to say that those water bowls look AWESOME - MagicBowlâ„¢ Water Effects - YouTube

This is what we did for our future waterfall. He stubbed the pipe up in the decking and that is all he is doing.

I don't have any other good ideas but thought I'd chime in to say that those water bowls look AWESOME - MagicBowlâ„¢ Water Effects - YouTube

Thanks for the replies guys. ok so I asked him what it would cost to stub and lay the pipes for future installation. he said $350 per bowl. (DONE im fine with that price) but what is bothering me is this

So he said $11,480
$3300 for 24" columns
$1500 for upgraded pool pump
So that means the bowls+installation were $6,680??? I can buy them online for $1000 a piece!

And correct me if im wrong, but once the piping is put into place the installation should be rather easy, no?

Thanks all

I am going to suggest that just because you can buy them online for a grand the pb may not be able to buy them for that through distribution. I cannot buy a lot of items from our distributors for the price found online.

Yes sir that's the site I found as well. I said $1000 because you need the $350 motors for these as well.
the price is wayyyyyy less than what they were charging.

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to suggest that just because you can buy them online for a grand the pb may not be able to buy them for that through distribution. I cannot buy a lot of items from our distributors for the price found online.

interesting you'd figure it would be cheaper as a builder who gets bulk pricing from volume.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lots of builders will price things they do not want to do very high. Sometimes it is easier than saying no.

That is what I was thinking. Stone columns In Texas cost me $400 each for 9' tall ones plus the footing. I would learn how to do it yourself later. Maybe get your house mason to build the stone or do it yourself. 2' tall columns would take a novice a day on a weekend at most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.