Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    21

    Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    We love the idea of a SUPER BRIGHT and VIVID light blue color. No dark blue or Windex blue or light blend blue. So, we are thinking about white pebbles (we are going with Pebble tec or sheen) and cannot decide which option would be the most vivid.

    We were hoping others can share pictures of theirs here! It would be so helpful. Thank you so so much!

  2. Back To Top    #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    HOUSTON
    Posts
    9

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Have you felt both textures? Our builder highly recommends the pebble tec but I am so afraid it will hurt the feet and snag the suits.

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    21

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    We felt both textures and we are going with the sheen since it seems much smoother.

  4. Back To Top    #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    16

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    I'm like you and read that French Grey Pebble sheen is nice. I'm thinking about it for our pool but I want a little blue glass, so someone at NPT suggested French Grey pebble sheen Puerto Rico blend.
    Underground pool and spa, 3' to 6', Hayward Ecostar VS pump, Hayward 525 sq ft cartridge filter, Hayward H Series 500,000 btu heater, Stone on Spa and planter, Tile on raised pool wall and waterline.

  5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad pooldv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    24,974

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    I always felt like white makes windex blue pools. To get a more blue finish a light gray is better.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

  6. Back To Top    #6
    Patrick_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Midland TX
    Posts
    14,999

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    It's funny how we all perceive it differently. I always thought the Blue finishes looked like Windex water. No sand beneath water is Blue, so I always thought the lighter natural colored finishes gave the pool the most natural Blue hughes in terms of water color. Its all very subjective, but I greatly prefer the lighter finishes over all others. People recoil at the thought, but Green finishes give of some of the most awesome Blue water colors.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Woodland, Ca
    Posts
    235

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    It's funny how we all perceive it differently. I always thought the Blue finishes looked like Windex water. No sand beneath water is Blue, so I always thought the lighter natural colored finishes gave the pool the most natural Blue hughes in terms of water color. Its all very subjective, but I greatly prefer the lighter finishes over all others. People recoil at the thought, but Green finishes give of some of the most awesome Blue water colors.
    So true about the perception thing, the grey finishes make water look natural to me. I just don't care for the steps or Baja shelfs that look grey when the rest of the water looks so perfect. I can't imagine how a green Baja shelf would look
    Build Video 2016 -- Solar Pad 20.5K gunite (37'x15') rectangle (3.5'-7') deep-- MicroFusion Laguna finish -- Jandy VS pump, cartridge and iAqualink RS -- Polaris 360 Black -- 2 Laminar jets -- 2 nichless 30w color led -- 550sq/ft Heliocol solar -- Soft water auto fill -- Stenner 17gpd

  8. Back To Top    #8
    Patrick_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Midland TX
    Posts
    14,999

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Light Greys give stunning Blue hues if you ask me. The Green finishes dont resemble Algae, or Grass Green in any way but look quite beautiful in shallow areas. But the Blue colors they throw in deeper areas are beautiful.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

  9. Back To Top    #9


    TFP Guide

    bmoreswim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Central MD
    Posts
    4,151

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_B View Post
    Light Greys give stunning Blue hughes if you ask me.
    Yeah, see...

    2016-06-25 13.04.25.jpg
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    21

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Beautiful color!

    I agree no sand beneath water is Blue. Our favorite beach has white and light beige pebbles and that is what we are going for. We love pebble sheen aqua blue but I am not sure how natural a blue tanning shelf would look.

    Here is a pic of the water color we like for reference.
    Attachment 59553 Attachment 59555Attachment 59554

  11. Back To Top    #11
    Esloser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Millville, NJ
    Posts
    507

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Here is mine!




    36,000 Gallon Inground (IG) Gunite Pool with Spa and 12" tanning ledge | White Plaster | Cartridge Filter | Hayward Single Speed Pump (x2) | 400k BTU Hayward Heater | Hayward ProLogic Automation | Taylor K2006 Test Kit | In-pool Cleaner | August / September 2016 Build Date | Build Thread

  12. Back To Top    #12
    MarkTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    337

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Quote Originally Posted by raggiosole View Post
    Beautiful color!

    I agree no sand beneath water is Blue. Our favorite beach has white and light beige pebbles and that is what we are going for. We love pebble sheen aqua blue but I am not sure how natural a blue tanning shelf would look.

    Here is a pic of the water color we like for reference.
    Attachment 59554
    That 3rd picture looks pretty. You will not get the same brightness/whiteness from PebbleSheen Blue Surf (which we have), not sure about Aqua Blue. But I can tell you, if I do a cannonball from our spa wall into the pool (i.e. shallow 3.5 ft end), my elbows can and do get a little scraped, and that is with the PebbleSheen, which we love. Can't imagine what the coarser PebbleTec would do. And yes, I should not cannonball from shallow end, but when the pool is cold, and you are enjoying a hot spa, sometimes you just gotta do it.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

  13. Back To Top    #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    94

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    We love vacationing in the Caribbean where the sand is oh, so white! We decided that we wanted to feel like we were on vacation when we went into our backyard:


    It looks a bit more Windexy in the photo in the shade than in person.




    We also figured that the water would get warm enough and that a darker bottom would mean hotter water.





    A very narrow "step" to ease ingress / egress to tanning ledge.




    Close up of the pebble (dry).

    Chris & Lea Stoddard
    20k gal, IG shotcrete/pebble pool/spa combo
    Filled 11/19/2016
    All Jandy: DEV 60, PS Stealth 2 hp 2 spd, LXi (gas) heater, PDA-PS8
    Stenner 45MPHP22 for chlorination

  14. Back To Top    #14

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    21

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Thank you so much for posting pics of white pebbles ! It really helps. The more the better... keep them coming everyone!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Love it! What is you finish stodds? Does it look vivid in person? Do the glass blue beads actually sparkle or add color? Thanks!


    Quote Originally Posted by stodds View Post
    We love vacationing in the Caribbean where the sand is oh, so white! We decided that we wanted to feel like we were on vacation when we went into our backyard:


    It looks a bit more Windexy in the photo in the shade than in person.




    We also figured that the water would get warm enough and that a darker bottom would mean hotter water.





    A very narrow "step" to ease ingress / egress to tanning ledge.




    Close up of the pebble (dry).


  15. Back To Top    #15

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    94

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Quote Originally Posted by raggiosole View Post
    Thank you so much for posting pics of white pebbles ! It really helps. The more the better... keep them coming everyone!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Love it! What is you finish stodds? Does it look vivid in person? Do the glass blue beads actually sparkle or add color? Thanks!
    My builder called it Texas white, and I think that was the name on the back of the sample. The product came from NPT, and their site is terrible as it relates to showing samples . . . Sure looks like it is a StoneScapes product, somewhere between StoneScapes Aqua Blue and JewelScapes Sea Salt Mini. http://www.nptpool.com/finishes
    Chris & Lea Stoddard
    20k gal, IG shotcrete/pebble pool/spa combo
    Filled 11/19/2016
    All Jandy: DEV 60, PS Stealth 2 hp 2 spd, LXi (gas) heater, PDA-PS8
    Stenner 45MPHP22 for chlorination

  16. Back To Top    #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    21

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Thanks stodds. I am looking at a similar finish than what you have (pebble sheen white diamonds with added blue beads). Does your finish look vibrant in person or is it more toned down with respect to the pic I posted?


    Quote Originally Posted by stodds View Post
    My builder called it Texas white, and I think that was the name on the back of the sample. The product came from NPT, and their site is terrible as it relates to showing samples . . . Sure looks like it is a StoneScapes product, somewhere between StoneScapes Aqua Blue and JewelScapes Sea Salt Mini. http://www.nptpool.com/finishes

  17. Back To Top    #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Round Rock, TX
    Posts
    94

    Re: Help! Show off your WHITE pebble tec / pebble sheen !

    Quote Originally Posted by raggiosole View Post
    Thanks stodds. I am looking at a similar finish than what you have (pebble sheen white diamonds with added blue beads). Does your finish look vibrant in person or is it more toned down with respect to the pic I posted?
    You mean the pic with the waterfall? If so, yes, it is toned down from that.
    Chris & Lea Stoddard
    20k gal, IG shotcrete/pebble pool/spa combo
    Filled 11/19/2016
    All Jandy: DEV 60, PS Stealth 2 hp 2 spd, LXi (gas) heater, PDA-PS8
    Stenner 45MPHP22 for chlorination

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •