Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Upgrades to 22X52"- need some ideas

1. Back To Top    #1

Upgrades to 22X52"- need some ideas

I'm in year 4 of this house, going to keep nursing this intex pool, and then when it goes- who knows what's next! I'd like to add a skimmer this year and I could some some tips,tricks and pictures of how to do the plumbing.

I already have an intex fountain and I would like to be able to put an inline valve so that you could just stop that fountain without having to unhook the hoses like we did last year.

Also going to add a salt water generator, if that add's to the design of the plumbing for the whole project. There's some great pictures on here but some links are broken over the years. Thanks in advance for tips and tricks!
    Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100
    Waiting to stop relocating until I build my dream pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Upgrades to 22X52"- need some ideas

Depending on what your after, maybe some of what i've done would be useful. Take a look at the build link in my signature. I just got done converting a lot of mine to PVC and about to upgrade the pump too.. i also did the hayward widemouth skimmer mod.
    My Intex Ultra 18'52 build
    My SmartPool Solar Panel Build
    6981 Gallon + Hayward 1.5HP Matrix + 21"
    Solar S601P SmartPool 160sq feet solar panels
    Intex 7K Gallon SWG, Hayward WideMouth

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by theskyisthelimit99 View Post
    Depending on what your after, maybe some of what i've done would be useful. Take a look at the build link in my signature. I just got done converting a lot of mine to PVC and about to upgrade the pump too.. i also did the hayward widemouth skimmer mod.
    Nice, I'll have some questions for you closer to the weekend.

Intex 22' x 52" - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump - flow rate: 2,150 gal per hour
    TFTest Kits TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Hey I just wanted to comment back- you did an EXCELLENT JOB with your thread. I don't know that I have any questions at all. You even gave me the shopping list!

TFTest Kits TF-100