Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Broken Flow Connector on Aqua Rite PCB

1. Back To Top    #1

Broken Flow Connector on Aqua Rite PCB

The flow connector on my Aqua Rite PCB was corroded and is missing a pin. Is there a replacement part or workaround for this problem? It seems a shame to purchase an entire new PCB for this small issue.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Broken Flow Connector on Aqua Rite PCB

Welcome, to the forun

I don't have an Aqua Rite so hopefully someone who has had/repaired the problem will reply especially if they found an aftermarket replacement part. Having worked on many PCB s in my time I do have a few thoughts though if you are handy with a soldering iron you can de-solder the connector and investigate if any of the remaining good pins are unused, usually if that is the case they will either not have a corresponding wire on the output or they will be a redundant ground if you are careful you can some time move a pin from one socket to another. Failing that you can search a site like Digi-Key or if you are real lucky occasionally an auto parts store and find a new male and female connector and built your own adapter with a bit of lead wire soldered back to the board. Last option besides buying a new board would be have it repaired, I saw a guy on eBay doing just that.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!