help identifying spa blower size

dnh

Mar 27, 2015
Richardson
Hello,

We have a spa blower that is shutting off after a few minutes. I plan on removing it and just trying it off the pipe, but if it has gone bad, I need help to identify what size. It is a Polaris Anzen? (it is a old and brown metal unit with a domed top) but all the numbers have faded off the sticker. It appears that all these blowers are physically the same size, so I have no idea how to tell them apart. I should be able to determine voltage after I trace it out. Are there any other numbers on the unit somewhere? Can it be taken apart to see what it is?

Is there a trick to get it off the pipe to test it?

thank you

Don

Dallas,TX

It should not be glued to the pipe - but it could be. Usually the blower just slips over the PVC pipe and there is a screw used to hold it in place.
I goggled "Polaris Anzen" and there is a lot of info (manuals, pictures, etc.) available so you should be able to match up yours and find the correct model number.

I would expect the voltage to be 120V regardless of the model. The difference between a 1 HP and 2HP model would be in the amperage draw, not the voltage.
How is the blower switched on now - through Pool control panel or with an external on/off switch?

Actually, even though you can't see the markings with a naked eye, my wife took a great picture with Samsung Galaxy phone and when it is blown up, I can faintly make out the model number and HP. it is a 240V 2hp model. , #56603.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.