Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help identifying spa blower size

1. Back To Top    #1

help identifying spa blower size

Hello,

We have a spa blower that is shutting off after a few minutes. I plan on removing it and just trying it off the pipe, but if it has gone bad, I need help to identify what size. It is a Polaris Anzen? (it is a old and brown metal unit with a domed top) but all the numbers have faded off the sticker. It appears that all these blowers are physically the same size, so I have no idea how to tell them apart. I should be able to determine voltage after I trace it out. Are there any other numbers on the unit somewhere? Can it be taken apart to see what it is?

Is there a trick to get it off the pipe to test it?

thank you

Don

Dallas,TX
    27,000 gallon, dark gray Sunstone quartz aggregate plaster, Hayward DE filter, Dallas TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: help identifying spa blower size

It should not be glued to the pipe - but it could be. Usually the blower just slips over the PVC pipe and there is a screw used to hold it in place.
    I goggled "Polaris Anzen" and there is a lot of info (manuals, pictures, etc.) available so you should be able to match up yours and find the correct model number.

I would expect the voltage to be 120V regardless of the model. The difference between a 1 HP and 2HP model would be in the amperage draw, not the voltage.
    How is the blower switched on now - through Pool control panel or with an external on/off switch?
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station

3. Back To Top    #3

Actually, even though you can't see the markings with a naked eye, my wife took a great picture with Samsung Galaxy phone and when it is blown up, I can faintly make out the model number and HP. it is a 240V 2hp model. , #56603.
    27,000 gallon, dark gray Sunstone quartz aggregate plaster, Hayward DE filter, Dallas TX

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm learning. I see now that this model is available in either 120V or 240V for the entire range (1HP, 1-1/2HP, and 2HP). http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/...s/1-5-1420.pdf

Do you "flip a switch" to start blower or have it controlled by pool automation/control?
    20K gal In-ground pool with raised Spa overflowing into pool; two Jandy Sheer Descent waterfalls; Pentair IntelliTouch i7+3, IntelliChlor, IntelliPH, 3 SAM/SAL lights, Pentair FNS60Plus filter, two 1.0 HP WhiperFlow pumps, Jandy/Compool auto-valves, RayPak Heatpump, RayPak 406A LP spa heater, Polaris 360 PS Cleaner. Patio and deck lighting by Volt; Volt 600W landscaping transformer; Webber grilling station