New Intex Pool (Prism vs Ultra)

M

mcutugno

Hello All,

I cannot find a lot of information on this board or on the web about the advantages of the Ultra series of Intex Pools versus the new Prism series. Anyone have any first hand experience or suggestions? Is the Prism basically the same as the standard metal frame?

I am between the following two pools. My children are on the younger side, so the 42" depth seems appropriate. Is the Ultra worth the $100 premium over the larger Prism pool? I plan to upgrade to a better (sand) filter regardless of the pool I choose.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-14-x-42-Ultra-Frame-Round-Pool/47715426
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-15-Feet-x-42-Inches-Prism-Frame-Pool-Set-w-Ladder-Cover-Pump-28733EH/148425133

Thanks all.

From reviewing the links you've given it looks to me like the Prism frame is just the old school standard intex style pool from years past where as the ultra frame has the heavier frame with reinforced shaped rails and legs, and the hidden interlocking pin system.

I'm not sure why their selling point is for their "new" aeration pump. Putting aeration into water is going to cause massive ph rise causing you to have to constantly add acid. Even a perfectly balanced pool will have ph swing with aeration added although it will just happen a little slower when you have the ph and alkalinity playing nicely.

Either one will work and be a great pool. We went from several years with a 16ft standard intex which looked just like the prism model, and it stayed up year round. Then on to a summer escapes which had oval tubing. It stayed up year round and lasted 5yrs before we finally put in a 24ft above ground Artesian resin pool.

So either way you go you should be able to get your moneys worth out of it.

Yep I agree the prism looks like the older model. I had the ultra frame pool for 2 years. Pretty good pool. Though I used salt and almost every metal pole rusted in 2 years. If you want to use salt you may want to consider applying rustoleum to the poles. My vote would be the ultra frame over the prism

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.