noobie question

Apr 18, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I bought a new house recently that has a pool, the first pool that I have owned myself. I'm a big DIYer so I've been learning how everything works and getting the pool set to open myself. After taking the filter system apart for cleaning, and installing the new water pump that the previous owners bought but never installed(? who knows) that it would have been smooth sailing.

The problem that I ran into seems pedestrian but nonetheless has confounded me. The pool has a paramount in floor cleaning system. When I took the pool cover bag out it had a number of parts for the pool in it, one of them was the 6 port module that fits into a distributor valve for the cleaning system. For the life of me I cannot get that 6 port module to fit back into the base so I can put the top back on.

I have tried orienting the module in every possible position. In a few of them it will drop down further than others, but never far enough for the lid to fit. When I watch the videos from paramount on troubleshooting the module it looks like it just easily drops down in there.

I'm wondering if it is time to replace this module. When I swish it back and forth in the water the pistons are not cycling up and down. I can manually push the pistons down. They only retract to just before that lower plastic bracket. I wasn't sure if that is the problem, the pistons are stuck open and are not retracting far enough to sit down into the module base. I've tried pressing on them and they don't seem to budge. I don't want to break anything so I haven't been that rough with the thing. I haven't tried taking the module apart to see what is going on in there. I wasn't sure if it is even worth it at this point.

Any advice would be amazing. Thanks!
~Mike~

Mike,

Welcome to TFP.. A Great resource for all new, old pool owners... :shark:

I own a robot and am not a big fan of in-floor systems because it forces you to use your pump to clean the pool.

But, we have a number of members here that love their in-floor systems, so let's see if we can get one of them to chime in..

Keep in mind that most members do not own an in-floor system, so if it takes a day or so to get an answer it isn't because we are ignoring you.. :p

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Following along because we have a paramount infloor system, but don't have it working because parts are missing (including modules) and it's low on our fixerupper priority list.

In our module housing there are little plugs for each of the pipes, from when it was last winterized. Are you sure all those are removed? I'd be interested in seeing photos.

Thanks for the idea! I'll take a look when I get home later. I'll definitely grab a few pictures if I can't figure it out.

I did think there was something that looked like plugs or something that needed to be pulled out. They didn't seem to really want to move so then I thought maybe I was wrong. I've been a little gun-shy since I am not entirely familiar with these different parts yet and haven't wanted to start yanking on stuff.

I own an in-floor cleaning system (A&A) and like it a lot! However, I also own a robot. Between the two cleaning systems my pool is nearly spotless! Anyway, post some detailed pictures of your Paramount system and I'm sure the other experts on this site will be able to help you get it back together.

The plugs need to be removed prior to module installation. Water enters the system - middle pipe- then moves through each cleaning zone via module. Each time the cleaning heads retract they will turn 1/4. Module definitely will not fit with plugs inserted.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.