Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question About Pentair Easytouch 8 - Extra AUX Install

1. Back To Top    #1

Question About Pentair Easytouch 8 - Extra AUX Install

Quick question on old thread. I have an easytouch 4 and on my system is the filter pump, waterfall pump, air blower, lights. I am upgrading to the intellibrite LED's. I would like to be able to set different colors in the spa vs pool. Is this a situation where I would add the extra relay since all 4 of mine are already full? Can the Extra AUX be used for LED lights?

Thanks
    Drew

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question About Pentair Easytouch 8 - Extra AUX Install

Welcome Drew,

I'm not sure of the proper configuration, but you can add having 8 slots at your disposal sure.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

My understanding is that with the Easytouch 4 I can only have 4 relays plus the one "Extra Aux" to make it an Easytouch 5. To get 8 (or 9) I would need to upgrade the board to the Easytouch 8 board. That's the way I understand it from the other threads.

Thanks

4. Back To Top    #4

Drew,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool automation questions...

Yes.. if you are not using solar...

You just mount the new relay and then plug it into the "Solar" port on the back of the main PCB. The port drives a relay just like any of the other Aux ports.

It becomes "AuxEx"..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome. Just to confirm the relay is part# 520106? So my plan to upgrade was to get the pentair Amerbrite LED bulb for the pool light and Intellibrite 5G for the spa as I have not seen a spa bulb replacement available. Is there one in the Amerbrite series? According to Pentair the Amerbrite has the same functionality and output as the intellibrite 5G lights. Is the best route to take?

Thanks again
    Drew

6. Back To Top    #6

Drew,

That is the right P/N for the relay...

Sorry, I have a plain old white light that a rarely use.. so I'm zero help on the lighting..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

I have Intellibright LED lights in my pool (two) and (one) in my spa.
    I had them on two different relays (pool & spa) on my ET 8 but it looked strange when they were both on (which was most of the time) with
    different colors so I put them back onto (1) circuit.

I also have kids and visitors and don't want anyone swimming with just the spa light on. So it all lights - or none at all or moonlight for privacy.

Just my 2 cents.
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

8. Back To Top    #8

Some thoughts on this - when you convert the solar to a 5th relay - I don't know if the ET4 board will have the smarts to run it as an Intellibright light. So move one of the items that just has a distinct on an off to that 5th added relay - just update your configuration in the Screenlogic config (assuming you have Screenlogic if you don't - then you have to do the config through the menu on the Panel) to what is controlled on which AuxX relay. Once you have the lights wired to relays that we know are good for an Intellibright light (1 through 3) - you have to go in to the config and change the "Circuit Function" from just "Light" to "IntelliBrite". The panel will then know you have more options for colors and patterns for the light.

I haven't done any research and don't know the difference in the Amerbrite bulbs and the Intellibrite - but you should check out J and J electronics bulbs. Much better price point than the Pentair, they fit in the Pentair housings and are controlled by the ET panels just like the name brand bulbs. One or two of them don't match the exact same brightness output as the Pentair, but close. I had plain white bulbs at build. The spa bulb burned out and I replaced it last year with the J and J Electronics LXG spa bulb, part number LPL-S2-RGB-120. I went into config on my panel - told it I have an Intellibrite bulb and I have full control just like the Pentair LED bulb.

I just did a quick google and found this - seems no real difference in the two types of bulbs Amerbrite and Intellibrite - http://poolfyi.com/forum/intellibrit...al-differences
    Greg -
    11K gal, IG Pebble Sheen (Aqua Blue) with sun ledge and attached spa, Pentair Intelliflow 3050 VS/SVRS (3HP), Pentair ET 8 with Screen Logic, Pentair Racer with 3/4 HP booster pump, 400KBTU Pentair Mastertemp, Pentair 60 sq ft DE filter, J&J Intellibrite LED in spa, Zodiac Nature 2 (not used), Stenner pump/liquid Chlorine, build completed in August 2015

9. Back To Top    #9

Sorry for bumping this thread but how exactly do you convert Solar to a 5th relay?

I bought a relay and hooked it up to "SOLAR". Now how do I go about toggling it? I tried setting up Enable Solar under settings->Solar (I had to turn off my heat pump setting) but I still was unable to figure out where to assign a feature to Solar to toggle it... What am I missing here?

BTW I have the ET4 Single Body which I'm pushing the limits on. Trying to avoid having to spend 500 bucks on a ET8...

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

It should be called Aux Extra in the menu... At least that's what it is on the ET8s
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by bdavis466 View Post
    It should be called Aux Extra in the menu... At least that's what it is on the ET8s
    Yeah, I did some more tinkering and think I figured out that if you enable Heat Pump in Settings (which I have a Pentair UltraTemp), the "Aux Extra" goes away... If I disable Heat Pump, then Aux Extra shows up and I can use it.

Sigh. Pentair just knows how to vacuum money out of your pocket don't they? Looks like I'm going to need to get a ET8 board if I want to have independent control of my pool lights vs my magicstreams.