Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Los Gatos (Bay Area) Pool Remodel...New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Los Gatos (Bay Area) Pool Remodel...New to TFP

Hi All,

I'm a new member to TFP as of today but I have already been lurking here for a couple of years while contemplating a plaster pool remodel. I'm pretty handy and have got my pool and detached spa water pretty well balanced using the BBB method. I am starting a remodel of a fairly large lazy L shaped plaster pool from the mid 70's and I do not think it has ever been re-plastered. I am going to resurface with Aquabright after reading thru several posts here on TFP and after doing tons of research on other finish options. Was all set to go with pebbletec but just can't bring myself to utilize something that is not really optimal for a pool resurface. Seems like Aquabright is just so much better in so many ways.

Looking forward to getting some advice and encouragement from the nice folks here on TFP as I embark on this journey.

Thanks,

Scott
    Remodeling a 1960's era Lazy L plaster pool with copper plumbing. About 35,000 gallons, 122 linear feet perimeter, with 2 old lights, 2 small returns and one skimmer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Los Gatos (Bay Area) Pool Remodel...New to TFP

Welcome Scott,

Glad you decided to stop lurking, and start posting. Good luck on your project, and don't forget...we like lots of pictures.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I used to live in Midland from '80 to '85 on Oaklawn drive. My dad was in the gas industry and our family business grew from there and now it is located in Ventura, CA about 60 miles North of Los Angeles. I live up in the Bay Area now.
    Remodeling a 1960's era Lazy L plaster pool with copper plumbing. About 35,000 gallons, 122 linear feet perimeter, with 2 old lights, 2 small returns and one skimmer.

4. Back To Top    #4

My family is from Los Gatos. My mother graduated from high school there in 1943. I spent many an interesting night during college in a friends pool and spa in the hills overlooking Los Gatos and Saratoga.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall