Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair EasyTouch Controller

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair EasyTouch Controller

Guys, Be careful when getting a Pentair Easytouch Controle , I got burned When I was having my pool re-done I ordered a EasyTouch PL4/PSL4. I took this for a pool and spa setup.
    Now the problem, trying to set it up I get the heater and pool pump to work but when I go the spa mode the inlet and discharge valves do not shift, I called pentair service and they told me that I have the wrong mother bd in the control.

I am asking if this sounds right, or did I get a service person that does not know there stuff?
    Walt Lukowski
    Southern California
    Salt water pool at 24000 gal. new whisperflo variable speed pump. 60 gal. per min.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair EasyTouch Controller

Walt,

You say you ordered an EasyTouch "PL4/PSL4"... but that is impossible since these are two different units with two different Part Numbers..

The PL4.. Is a "P" or Pool only unit... The PSL4... is a "PS" and is for those people that have a Pool and a Spa..

It looks to me like you ordered a PL4..

I suggest you double check what you ordered, as they may have shipped you the wrong unit.

Sorry,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

the book that came with it says, Easytouch PL$/PSL control system for pool and spa.
    Walt Lukowski
    Southern California
    Salt water pool at 24000 gal. new whisperflo variable speed pump. 60 gal. per min.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by wbrewski View Post
    the book that came with it says, Easytouch PL$/PSL control system for pool and spa.
    Walt,

Just because they use the same manual to cover both products, does not mean that they are not two separate units...

My manual covers both EasyTouch as well as the IntelliTouch, two very different units.

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

5. Back To Top    #5

I will double check it tomorrow when I get home from work and let you know tomorrow night when I get back to work.
    Walt Lukowski
    Southern California

6. Back To Top    #6

I bit the dust and ordered the circuit board Pentair told me it needed. Will sell the other to anyone who needs it # 522456 no reasonable offer refused.
    send private email to me.
    Walt Lukowski
    Southern California