Help pool/spa blower

Apr 17, 2017
Ontario
Hello, I am new to pools and have a question. I have pool/spa combo using a pentair easytoich 8 panel. I have an air line that runs from the spa Jets to my pool house, I want to add a blower to the spa air line and I want to connect the blower into the easytouch touch panel so I can turn it on and off with thé screenlogic controls on my phone. Do I need a special blower with a separate relay wire? I found a second hand blower but it only has a power cable with a regular plug. Can I use this. It is a Hydroquip silent aire blower. Thanks for any help provided.

You should be able to wire it up if you have a relay available in the easy touch panel. The inside of the cover has a diagram of where everything is located in the panel. Turn off the power first and open up the dead front to gain access. If you used the easy touch as a load center you can get power by adding a breaker to the board. I have my landscape lights and other lights connected to my easy touch 8 and I can turn everything on with ScreenLogic on my phone. It's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't help on this, but I wanted to say welcome to you both with your first posts being right here. Nice of you to help out on your very first post Dog. Thanks!

Hope you both enjoy the forum. :goodjob:

You should be able to wire it up if you have a relay available in the easy touch panel. The inside of the cover has a diagram of where everything is located in the panel. Turn off the power first and open up the dead front to gain access. If you used the easy touch as a load center you can get power by adding a breaker to the board. I have my landscape lights and other lights connected to my easy touch 8 and I can turn everything on with ScreenLogic

Thanks for the reply, I have added circuits to the panel already for my pool house so I do have available plugs to power the blower, the part I don't understand is how to make it so that the screen logic can activate it. The blower only has a power cord. Thanks again

You use one of the relays. One side is the load the other is the line voltage. Power from the breaker goes to the line side of the relay. The other is the load for your blower. You can either wire in a receptacle or cut the end of the cord off and put it in the panel. Then you need to configure the circuit for the relay you connected through screen logic

You use one of the relays. One side is the load the other is the line voltage. Power from the breaker goes to the line side of the relay. The other is the load for your blower. You can either wire in a receptacle or cut the end of the cord off and put it in the panel. Then you need to configure the circuit for the relay you connected through screen logic

Ahhh perfect now I understand. If you want to control garden lights do you do the same? Thanks a lot much appreciated .

zoom,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all those people with extra Spa parts... :snorkle:

The relays are controlled using your Aux circuits. You have Aux1 thru 7 that correspond to the seven relays. As Dog says, run the AC power through one of the relays and then, in ScreenLogic, you can assign that Aux relay as "blower" or anything else you want. It will show up on your "Features" screen and will turn on when you click the icon on your phone of PC.

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim,
Slowly I am starting to understand all of this, I am new to pools and my pool builder didn't explain much, I do love my easy touch and screenlogic, I think a pool spa combo would be annoying to run without it.

Hey Jim or anyone with imput,
just as I think I am beginning to understand this something confuses me again. I understand how to setup the blower control, but when I opened the panel things are connected in places that don't match what screenlogic says. That being said everything works fine on the pool. I have pictures but i don't know how to put them in this discussion. Anyhow nothing is connected to aux 1 on the panel yet screenlogic shows my intellibright on aux 1? From what I can see my lights are on aux 5 but nothing is showing on aux 5 in screenlogic. Anyhow I am confused a little as to why screenlogic has things in different places than they are actually on the panel but they continue to work.

You can assign circuits to those aux buttons so you can turn them on at the panel. My spillway is on aux 7 but nothing is connected to the aux 7 relay. Open up the configure side of screen logic and you can see how they are set up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you can't figure it out pm me with your # and we can set it up over email or phone. It's way easier.
ebffbc4346722ac2f4a0936e985e60fe.jpg
ebffbc4346722ac2f4a0936e985e60fe.jpg

Here's a picture of one of my relays that controls my equipment light. The first wire is the line side coming off the circuit breaker in the panel. The second re wire is the HOT wire that feeds my yard light. Some it's 120 v you only need to use one side of the relay. If it was a 240 v item you would need a 2 pole breaker and you would use all 4 terminals on the relay.

Note if you've got an ET 8 the very first relay is for the pump the second relay is AUX 1 and then they count through 7. Here is the catch, if none of the numbers seem to line up to the relays - those 8 relays connect to the low center large control board in the top portion of the panel. Those 8 plugs from the relays could have been rearranged and may not be plugged in in order of 1 to 8 on the board. They can be unplugged and rearranged by a previous installer or electrician and that could be throwing you off. Just use the panel and trace wires and document which relay is 1 and which is two as you turn them on and off, etc.

Ok so this isn't working for me, here is what I did. I mounted my blower, then I put a new receptacle next to it to plug it in. I wired the receptacle to the panel, connecting the copper ground wire into the bank of grounds the white wire into the bank of whites, I took the black wire and put it into the second screw on aux 6, then I ran a short black from the first screw on aux 6 to an unused 15 amp breaker. I thought I had this but when I activate aux 6 the receptacle does not come live.

Are you sure the relay is being activated. Can you hear it click?
If yes:
1) Put your 120VAC voltmeter tester's positive test lead on the black wire at relay (relay terminal #2) that comes from circuit breaker (voltmeter's black lead to ground). Do you have 120V power there? You should. If not breaker is OFF or bad or no power to breaker. If this wire has power, go to step 2.
2) Then move the positive voltmeter lead to the other black wire on the relay (relay terminal #4) (the one going to your new receptacle) you should have voltage on that wire when the relay is closed (blower is commanded to be On). Do you have power on this wire?
If you do, and blower not running, then the problem is the receptacle or the blower. If you don't have power to black wire, then the problem is the relay (bad or not closing).

That sounds about right - but I'm no electrician. You said the blower had a normal plug- did you confirm it is 110? And not 220? Did you plug it into a regular outlet you know works and confirm the blower motor is good?

Do you have a tester to make sure you are getting power to the Aux6 relay? Are you sure you are working on Aux6? As I noted above - the low voltage wires that activate the relays, all plug into the low voltage board in the top of the panel. Those are simple plugs and for various reasons someone before you could have unplugged and replugged or moved them around without any documentation. Aux6 might be one of your other unused relays. If all were normal it would be next to last on the bottom row. Attach a pic of your open panel if possible.

Those are all good comments. What I would do, just to make it easier. Since you don't know which relay is which. Turn them all on with the buttons on the easy touch. It won't hurt anything. If it turns on, your set. All you need to do is turn them off one at a time until it turns off. Then you know which one is which. It won't hurt anything.

That sounds about right - but I'm no electrician. You said the blower had a normal plug- did you confirm it is 110? And not 220? Did you plug it into a regular outlet you know works and confirm the blower motor is good?

Do you have a tester to make sure you are getting power to the Aux6 relay? Are you sure you are working on Aux6? As I noted above - the low voltage wires that activate the relays, all plug into the low voltage board in the top of the panel. Those are simple plugs and for various reasons someone before you could have unplugged and replugged or moved them around without any documentation. Aux6 might be one of your other unused relays. If all were normal it would be next to last on the bottom row. Attach a pic of your open panel if possible.

Thanks, working now, I checked power all was good but no click from relay, so I checked the and the jumper for aux 6 was not connected. Thanks again everyone for the help.

Glad to hear it is working and you've been able to add some air bubbles at a reasonable cost. These panels are pretty straight forward if you are a little handy and study it for a bit (and read lots of threads of those that came before me here on this great site).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.