Dolphin M500 advice sought.

Price is always hard to evaluate. The M500's are top shelf, so brand new would be in the $1400 range, maybe more. Being a loaner/demo unit, it got "used" for sure so only you can evaluate if you think it's worth the price. Any idea on how old it is? Dolphin/Maytronics has be updating their robot lines a lot in the last year by adding features to lower end models that were once only found in the highest end models (not unlike what happens with automobiles).

So, are you the type that's ok with buying a "previously owned" used car or do you need to have a new car?

As for the caddy, I love having mine as it makes it easy to roll my S300i around....you can certainly live without one but it's kind of like not having cup holders...when you want one, you'll be annoyed you don't have one.

DC,

Sounds like a pretty good price to me.

I'm not a caddie fan. I believe that the main reason people report the twisted cable issues is because of wrapping the cable up on the caddie.

Think ... wrapping an extension card the way you are not supposed too... Once it stays wrapped for a while it takes a set and is hard to untangle.

I like to just lay my cable out along side the pool... something Dolphin says to do from time to time anyway.

I don't have the M500, but I love my robot....

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

The M500 will be brand new in the box. Each dealer is allowed one "demo" unit per year. I don't know if he gets it free or at a really reduced price. He doesn't have demand for top of the line units so he is willing to get the deal for me.

Oooooooooooooooh....I see now....yeah, even without the caddy I think that's a great price. But he might be stiffing you on the warranty as I think they're longer than a year. My S300i brand new has a 24 month bumper-to-bumper warranty that literally covers everything, even the wearable components like tracks and brushes.

I would pass personally unless you can get the warranty higher, have a credit card that will make it longer, can get an extended warranty from squaretrade or someone. I wouldn't do less than 2 years honestly on warranty. Too many things to break and every part is at least 200 dollars.

Did you ever pull the trigger on the M500? I'm finding refurbs on PoolPartz and EZtestPools for $899 with 1 year warranty. As robl45 mentioned, the warranty might cause the concern.

I posted in my other thread that I placed an order Friday and it is expected in this week. My price is about the same but I do have to pay tax. I am getting a new unit as a demo so I'm willing to pay a little more. My dealer will give me a receipt for it and I should not have a problem if I need credit card extended warranty. Hopefully I won't need the extra year...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.