Kreepy Krauly Kruiser Hose Setup. And extra parts I have.

Apr 17, 2017
Orange Park Fl
I just purchased a Kreepy Krauly Kruiser Inground Suction Pool Cleaner. I have it working in the pool. I however have some leftover parts. My hose goes in the suction hole in the skimmer. I think the other extra items I have may go to a side suction installation. The one that I can't figure out is the Max Flow/Minimum flow part. It wont fit on any of my hoses. I am hoping someone here may had the same issue. I have attached a pic to show the extra parts I have.

Thanks

Andy

Andy, I have the same cleaner that you have. The only one of the extra parts that I use is the part with the flapper. It goes onto a dedicated suction line if you have one. I bought my cleaner last year when we had our pool built and I have to say that I'm not too impressed with it. We have a lot of plants in our yard that are in large pots. We also get some pretty breezy afternoons and I find lots of small pieces of bark in the pool. To get the cleaner to really "suck" I have to turn most of the suction off to the main drains and the skimmer and direct it to the dedicated suction line. Sometimes however if I don't get just the right balance the cleaner will come up out of the side of the pool. I end up with air in the lines and it stops working. Plus I don't think the pump appreciates that. I will only run it when we are home and can watch it.

How's it working for you?

View attachment 59414Thanks for the reply. I didn't have my settings set up to let me know If somebody responds. I have corrected that. Mine is working good so far. I do have a question about the weights. I have the weights in the picture above. The manual says to not hook them at the hose connections. But I don't see anyway to move them down the hose. Also I can't seem to get the pressure gauge to slip into the hose either. I am going to make a trip to the pool store tomorrow. Thanks for info.

My pool is small at 8800 gallons so I don't use the weights. I do sometimes have issues with the cleaner laying flat on the bottom so I may consider adding one. I also find that it mostly settles in the deep end so I have to drag it into the shallow end. Another disadvantage I've found is that I have to turn off the skimmer to use the dedicated suction port so I get stuff floating on the top of my pool that would normally go into the skimmer basket. If you get any hints on how to make it function better please pass them on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.