Help!!! My new liner has a rip in the seam?

Sep 25, 2016
Waskom,TX
What would cause a liner to rip at the seam. We installed a new liner in our pool on March 16 of this year and filled it. It was doing great and then we wake up this morning and noticed we had lost a significant amount of water. We started looking around the pool and found a tear at the seam about the size of a nickel. We have not had any one swimming in it and it has been fine for four weeks. I plan on calling the company tomorrow since it has a warranty but what does that warranty usually cover and why would it all if a sudden pull like that. We bought some water weld and have patched it for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the exact same issue 5 years ago when I installed mine. Within a couple weeks I had one seam along the edge that separated. The company sent me a new liner and said there must have been an issue with their machine that sets the seams. I ended up patching mine though and never replaced it and it has been fine since.

646792ac4dbd9fb557d4fe24c2260683.jpg
here is the picture my husband took of it. I am hoping they will replace it. It has a warranty on it.

Looks very similar to mine ... if you wouldnt mind could you private message me the maker of your liner? Curious if it is the same. They handled it very well though. You could put a patch on that easily to prevent losing more water til you decide what to do next. Personally I had liner material left from where I cut the steps out, used that for the patch material and you cannot see it unless you really are looking for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.