Sand filter doesn't provide enough suction for vac

Mar 21, 2017
Duncan, Oklhoma
I have a 6000 gallon above ground Coleman swimming pool with to intakes connecting to my 3000 gph intex sand filter. For some reason I am no where near getting enough pressure when I hook my vacuum up to the intake. I've tried plugging up one intake to create more pressure in the other but it is still not working. Is this filter not big enough for my pool? I have no idea how I am going to vacuum the pool this summer because this is just not working. [emoji20] help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excuse the muddy mess. It flooded in OK a couple of days ago.

3881cbbc170b75468b8c2f37e38c8667.jpg

I have no idea what that means. I'm new to having a pool and I've been slamming my pool for two weeks. It's slowing down the process of slamming because I can't vacuum. And yes I've tried blocking off the other suction port. It didn't create any more suction.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That I'm not sure about, but I think they are the same. Maybe you should check the Coleman website for the caps, now that you know what you're looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Your filter & pump should be adequate to vacuum, I used to manually vac with the 2600GPH model.

Make sure there are no suction side leaks, and that the other port is totally blocked off.

You divided the suction hose into 2, but you didn't use the same type of hose.
The thin walled hose will collapse with high suction. Try connecting directly to
original port.

Felipe

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.