Pool permitting

Depends on the pool builder.

Typical California would be a three days for engineering and peEmit plans then the pool permit is over the counter at a couple days at most.

Where I live it's two weeks at most for HOA approval. Then it all depepends on the contractors schedule. Your mileage may vary.

Hi Catnap,
Have you spoken to your PB for an update? 4 weeks is not unheard of, but every municipality is different. I would go on-line and check with your local building department. They may have a guideline as to the approximate timeframe for permit approval. You might also be able to check on-line to see if the permit request has been submitted. Good Luck!

Hello,
My husband and I signed a contract a month ago to build an Igr pool and would like to know how long it took from signing the contract to digging the hole it took ? Thanks in advance.

The answer is...It depends. It depends on your county, as well as your PB. I signed my contract in November 2016. My PB had to wait on the screen enclosure company to provide them with the engineering plans. The screen company of course was not very "speedy", and then throw the holidays into the mix...needless to say it was not submitted in 2016. On the Treasure Coast, the average time for pool permitting can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks. My permit was submitted on 1/9/17 and issued on 1/30/17. The PB started the dig on 2/3/17. Check out the website of your local building department, there is usually a lot of helpful information on there in regards to permitting. I hope this helps!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.