Timer doesn't turn

Aug 9, 2015
Waxhaw, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have an Intermatic PF1102T timer which is 11 years old. Beginning several months ago, it randomly would stop turning. If I spun the dial a revolution or two, it would begin turning again. Now it has stopped turning completely. It still operates the pump if I manually turn it to a place on the dial where the pins are raised. Also, the thermostat appears to still turn the pump on at the set temperature. I've seen on some older post where a suggestion was made to only replace the motor (rather than the entire unit). Where is the motor located? When I look in my unit, I see three parts: the thermostat, the relay, and the timer housing. Is the motor inside the timer housing? Because my unit is 11 years old, should I replace the entire unit or just the motor? Thanks for all your help. You folks are awesome.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.