From green swamp water to an aqua color, but won’t clear.

Jan 19, 2013
Coral Springs, FL
The past 2 months, I’ve been working aggressively to clean my swamp water. It now looks better as an aqua color but still won’t clear. I also bought a new cartridge for the filter and clean it about every three to four days; especially when I see the pressure (on the gauge) go up. And when I clean it, there’s a whitish-grayish slugged or slim that’s being hosed out. I’ve been keeping the chlorine level high; my numbers from the latest test are below.

FC = 110 ppm
CC = 1.6 ppm
Ph = 7.2
TA = 100
CYA = 30 to 35

I REALLY hoping the 110 should be 11.0

How often are you testing and redosing the FC?

Are you running the fitler 24/7?

Call your CYA 40 as we round up.

Please take and share a pic so we can see what you are dealing with.

Kim:kim:

Test your pool not less than every 12 hours.....you are not SLAMming.

Bring your FC to 16 ppm and KEEP IT THERE until your pool is pristine.

Shutting the pump off only lengthens the time to clear and costs you MORE pump run time.....not less.

That pump is wa-a-a-y to big for a 10k pool get a one HP 2 speed or a VS....the electricity savings will pay for your purchase.

If it is cloudy (and I have had this issue), the to me that suggests a slam isn't fully completed and algae is there somewhere. FC should be maintained around 16 with CYA of 40 so you might try that a few days and brushing down real good a couple times per day.

I am lucky enough to work from home so when I know there is a problem I can test/dose every hour or 2 so it is a short cycle for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test your pool not less than every 12 hours.....you are not SLAMming.

Bring your FC to 16 ppm and KEEP IT THERE until your pool is pristine.

Shutting the pump off only lengthens the time to clear and costs you MORE pump run time.....not less.

That pump is wa-a-a-y to big for a 10k pool get a one HP 2 speed or a VS....the electricity savings will pay for your purchase.

I thought bigger was better (-:
This is the existing pump when I bought this house. I’ve heard of 2-speed pumps but not familiar with them. I’ll look in to it if they are energy efficient. How well would they work with my filter?

Jimmi, you can drop the pH testing from your routine while you keep FC at SLAM levels, but that floater suggests that you're using pucks to chlorinate. Is that the case?

I stuff as many pucks as possible in the floater. Is this contraindicated when doing the SLAM procedure?
I’ve been using the granular chlorine in the pic and went through half of it in two months. Recently I used liquid chlorine and although still cloudy, now I can see 6-foot deep end. I think something is going right.

Attachments

• Chlorine.jpg
    Chlorine.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 43
Every puck you use and scoop of powder you put in is making your CYA go up :( The higher your CYA goes up the more FC you will need. PLEASE :angel: go take the pucks out of the pool. You might want to retest the CYA in the morning to see where it is at now.

Get and use liquid chlorine/bleach only.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.