Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pools open.....couldnt wait any longer

1. Back To Top    #1

Pools open.....couldnt wait any longer

Opened the pool here in s.w. PA april 1st. Couldnt stand to look at the winter cover another day....it was like christmas in april opening a big present....i had to take a couple pics and share with all of you to show that if you follow the guidelines on here this is what you have...one of the cover comming off and another once the filter was up and running....still to cold to get in but its warming up. Water was at 65 yesterday. Far cry from 48 when i uncovered it.

24' x 52" VINYL AG 15,200 GAL.
    HAYWARD POWER FLOW LX 1.5 HP
    HAYWARD SAND FILTER
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pools open.....couldnt wait any longer

Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Wow, looks great! Bring the !
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice. My opening (first one using TFP) was almost as good
    40 year old pool, 35k gal w/spa, gunite replastered July 2016, Hayward Sand filter, Hayward 1.5 hp single speed pump, TF-100, Kreepy Krauly suction side cleaner Dolphin M400

5. Back To Top    #5

Very nice!!! Mental note *don't listen to co-worker who says to use a micro mesh cover!!*
    AGP: 21' x 52" : 10,000 gallon
    100 lb. Sand Filter / 1 hp pump
    11-5 full sun

6. Back To Top    #6

I want to know how you don't drop in any leaves when you are taking off the cover. 2 years in a row I have dropped leaves in!
    My pool: Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" ; Pentair Dynamo 1 HP 2 Speed Pump ; Pentair SD80 Sand Filter; TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

I AGREE - I have not actually taken the cover off yet, but peeked underneath and my water is crystal clear thanks to this site! We filled it back up and made sure pumps are functional, but have not taken the cover off yet. Hopefully in the next week or two. TOO cold for me yet, but the dogs will probably be okay, and I can't WAIT to not have to look at that cover for a couple of months!
    27' 54" Round AGP, 2HP Hayward Swimpro Pump, Vision Pro System, Hayward Swimpro 150K natural gas heater
    Crystal Lake, IL

8. Back To Top    #8

I just did mine over the weekend as well. I pumped all the water iff that i cluld. I use large black bunder clips to help secure our cover. I start at one end amd pull the cover to the other side removeing the clips as i go so it does not have a chance to fall in

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100