OMG, the Bose has died?

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
So we have a Bose 38 Lifestyle Home Theater setup which we have loved for ages and ages..... has the outdoor wired speakers under the soffits, some wireless speakers upstairs and in kitchen as well as living room. Recently lightening struck near the house during a storm and since then the system isn't working. :sad:

Any one have an idea of how to fix this situation? Bose was NO help at all when I said I just wanted to buy a new console but we had all the speakers we needed.... the only thing they want to do is sell me an entire new updated system.

Would any receiver work with the Bose woofer and speakers?? What should I look for??

I am missing my music out by the pool already.....ALL suggestions appreciated.

Yip :flower:

NO help here other than I love Bose products.

When I quickly glanced at the thread title, I though you wrote "OMG, my BOSS has died?" :laughblue:

(Weirdly enough, I had that happen once and so I was going to offer my advice on how to deal with it....)

Is there anything that makes that Bose receiver "particular" to any speakers it is attached to? The world is full of AV receivers these days.

even worse.............I thought it really meant The Boss had died...........(Springsteen).

I have a Bose Acoustimass series 10 setup in my living room and it is connected to a Yamaha receiver. Works great. They have also been driven by a Sony receiver. If the receiver connections were standard it should be no problem replacing with any receiver except for the wireless speakers you mentioned. But if the subwoofer has the power supply and logic boards that might be tricky. Does it power up? Maybe the power supply can be replaced. Try a local electronics repair place and maybe they can troubleshoot. Sorry this isn't much help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.