Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
So, I finally have moving water. Got my pH down from 9 to 7.5. No problem.
Then the dumb mistake. When calculating my chlorine needed, I had 6% in the PC and I used 10% :hammer:
What is this going to do to my pool :cry:
I knew something was wroing when I got to FC 25 and it still hadn't change to clear. Quit counting cause I was using up my regents.

frustratedpoolmom said:
Poor Lynn. You've been thru the ringer! :cry:

Listen, that FC was probably consumed in an hour based on the last photo of your pool I saw. No worries. :wink:

Thanks for the sympathy FPMom :cry: Well, I checked the water this morning
FC 11.5
CC .5
So no telling what it was last night :shock:
I'm waiting on the guys to get here and fix my plumbing and hopefully get the dirt,rocks,etc out of my pool somehow. My sitting bench and steps are brown :cry:
I put 6lbs of stabilizer in socks last night. Still not quite dissolved.
Do I wait a week before checking it?????
I will check my FC hourly, right???

Wait a week before checking CYA, but after 24 hours of dissolving, add chlorine as if it was in there. So if you added enough to reach 50, assume you have 50 and refer to the CYA chart for your shock level/normal FC levels.

Brown because of Iron? Any sequesterants/metal treatments been added?

The more frequent your testing and bleach additions the faster the green will go away. :goodjob:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Wait a week before checking CYA, but after 24 hours of dissolving, add chlorine as if it was in there. So if you added enough to reach 50, assume you have 50 and refer to the CYA chart for your shock level/normal FC levels.
Good to know.
Brown because of Iron? Any sequesterants/metal treatments been added?
Brown because of dirt :evil:
The more frequent your testing and bleach additions the faster the green will go away. :goodjob:
Thank you FPMom

I haven't put any salt in yet, until the dirt and stuff is out of the pool, so SWG is not running.
What do I use as primary source of chlorine in the PC????
Do I refer to the Non SWG chart or SWG chart on the CYA/Chlorine since right now I am manually adding chlorine?????

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the pump will be working tonight, then wait till the pump is working.

If the pump won't be working soon then you need to arrange for some kind of water circulation. Possibilities include a small pump, canoe paddles, brushing the entire pool twice, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.