Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Trol plug question

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Trol plug question

I just purchased an Aqua Trol SWG. The power source is a GFCI with plastic cover. The pump(Hayward Power Flo Matrix) has a three pronged plug which plugs into the bottom of the Aqua Trol control cabinet. This outlet is not technically 'covered/enclosed' like the GFCI. Is this safe? I haven't seen anything addressing this on the forums. Thanks
    24'x52" AGP 13,200 Gal Hayward Sand Filter w/ Matrix 2 speed pump Liquidator Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Aqua Trol plug question

Picture??? I'm Not following your question
    I'm a black and white type of guy ... the only gray in my life is the hair on my head
    750 gal fiberglass built in spa with Hayward equipment. Pump is SP3010X15AZ Control is Aqua Plus with a T-cell-3 SWG and a H400FD Heater, Hayward C12002 cartridge filter filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine pump is plugged into the bottom of mine. No problems at all. My aquatrol is plugged into a gfci. I am assuming your plug is like mine and is under the bottom?

12' x 24' (21100 gal) Doughboy Desert Spring w/ Deep End, Hayward SP15922S Power-Flo Matrix Above-Ground Pump 2-Speed,
    Hayward S210T Pro Series, Hayward H100ID1 H-Series , Hayward AQ-TROL-RJ AquaTrol Salt, TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

No issues with mine and it's been in use that way for going on 5yrs. Being on the bottom it doesn't really see any water and the unit itself is plugged into a gfci outlet anyway. Most likely this is the reason they put all the connections on the underside as it is the most protected.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, I have the same setup, plugs vertically into the bottom of the control cabinet. Sounds like it's not an issue. Thanks for the responses.
    24'x52" AGP 13,200 Gal Hayward Sand Filter w/ Matrix 2 speed pump Liquidator Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Been running one for over 7 years with no issues with pump plug ...
    24' x52" Sharkline Venture (May 2016) ABG (13,500)
    Hayward S180T15932S --Sand filter/ Flo-Matrix pump pack
    Aquatrol-RJ SWG-- Nitelighter NLMC
    Dolphin E10
    Duraspa G2- Premium hot tub --Rotomold style