FAC: 4
    TAC: 4
    CH 50
    CA: 0
    TA: 20
    pH: 7.0
    Base Demand: 2

thanks
    Mobile, AL--5K gal, 15 ft diameter, 177 sq ft surface, Vinyl AG, 2 spd 2 hp Hi-Flo motor w/ Clear Water II 200 sq ft Cartridge Filter; Laars Lite II 400k btu heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oder of Correction

A few things to watch in your particular situation that can be done simultaneously:
    - Your pH is low. If your heater uses copper lines, you'll want to increase the pH to about 7.5 or so. A low pH is acidic and will (over time) do some damage to your heater if it's copper.
    - Your TA is also low. I would increase the TA to at least 50 for now.
    - You seem to have no CYA? Is this new (fresh) water? If so, that makes sense, but a pool with no CYA makes the bleach (FC) exceptionally powerful with no buffering protection. You'll want to increase CYA right away with granular stabilizer, and shoot for a target of about 40 since the weather is starting to pick-up down south. We advise the "sock soaking" method to dissolve the stabilizer. If you're not sure what we mean, let us know.
    - Once the stabilizer has dissolved, keep the FC around 5-6, and never let it drop below 3.

That's a good starting point. Again, those items can be done right away at the same time. Keep the pump running and check again in about an hour or so and fine-tune if needed. If you're not sure what chemicals to use to adjust, please see our recommended chemicals list (link below in my sig).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, please confirm which test kit you are using! Perhaps add it to your signature at some point.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!