where get deep socket couplers and elbows

Jun 9, 2014
new york
hello!!
rebuilding my pool and ... was reading before that all pvc pipes should be connected by longer couplers and 90deg, 45 deg elbows. where can i get them ... home depot seems only has drain/waste pipes stuff not for pools ..

thank you ,i got it schedule 40,
but pvc pipes from home depot regular ones 2" are ok??

i guess i have some left regular clear glue for pvc pipes and primer is that ok or should i get some special glue for pressured pool water flow

Typical pipe sizes are 1.5 to 2, maybe 3 inches. Older pools usually have 1.5 inch, newer one seem to be built with 2 inch or larger. Just get the same size fittings for the pipes you have. Yes Schedule 40 (maybe schedule 80 going in / out of a heater). I like using the purple primer myself - easy to tell where it has been applied - and I use almost any kind of approved PVC solvent. Do give it time to set (30 minutes or so) before pumping water through it if you can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.