Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: where get deep socket couplers and elbows

1. Back To Top    #1

where get deep socket couplers and elbows

hello!!
    rebuilding my pool and ... was reading before that all pvc pipes should be connected by longer couplers and 90deg, 45 deg elbows. where can i get them ... home depot seems only has drain/waste pipes stuff not for pools ..

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: where get deep socket couplers and elbows

Lowes has DWV pipe fittings in a section and sch 40 pipe fittings in a separate, smaller section. What you want are sch 40 fittings.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Agreed, you just should use schedule 40, which is typically not the dwv.

I am sure home depot has the correct fittings
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

thank you ,i got it schedule 40,
    but pvc pipes from home depot regular ones 2" are ok??

i guess i have some left regular clear glue for pvc pipes and primer is that ok or should i get some special glue for pressured pool water flow

5. Back To Top    #5

Regular schedule 40 PVC is correct. If the primer and solvent is for PVC and is not jelly-ed , it should be fine too.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Typical pipe sizes are 1.5 to 2, maybe 3 inches. Older pools usually have 1.5 inch, newer one seem to be built with 2 inch or larger. Just get the same size fittings for the pipes you have. Yes Schedule 40 (maybe schedule 80 going in / out of a heater). I like using the purple primer myself - easy to tell where it has been applied - and I use almost any kind of approved PVC solvent. Do give it time to set (30 minutes or so) before pumping water through it if you can.
    16x32 IG 19,000 gallons, Pentair 1.5 hp Energy Efficient Superflo pump (348024),vinyl liner, Chlorine dispenser, Hayward S-244T sand filter