New pool build. What to ask builder

A few things to consider:
- Please update your location under your user name. Your location influences many aspects of pool care
- What type of in-ground (plaster, fiberglass or vinyl)?
- Anticipated size will help the viewers
- Ask for type of motor, speed, and HP
- Filter type and size
- Method of chlorination; if SWG, get size as well
- Type/number of lighting

Those are some starters. :)

There is a thread about what you would add or do different that grumpie started that excellent. I still don't know how to link items but I'm sure Kimkats will be along shortly to link it for you
Good luck with everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J,

Do not let them talk you into any magic sanitization systems like, UV system, or Ozone System, or Mineral system "to reduce the amount of chlorine you need"... All magic, but no rabbit.. :cool:

I would also think twice before buying an in-floor cleaning system..

I lived in Bangor, many years ago. It is where I met my wife of 50 years.. but I don't hold that against the city.. :D

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

It can go anywhere you want it BUT it will cost you more there as you will have to have some kind of retaining wall to keep the rain water from coming down into the pool.

Why do you want it there? Not saying it is a bad spot. I just want to learn how you think and what your thoughts are so I can help spend your money to make sure you get what you want.

:hug:

Kim:kim:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The septic system is between the house and existing pool. Would like to keep it close to house for two reasons. 1 is less pipe and wire. 2nd is further out continues to drop and gets really wet in the spring. It's a toss up build a retaining wall or bring in more fill to fit pool up beside the house on the high ground.

Ok PB just left got a plan to deal with water and drainage. So they will do a "hard bottom",forgot what he called it. 18'x36' w/ 3' patio(I'll add more later ) 2 Jandy pro series led lights. 8' steps, Jandy 1hp pump, Js series 24" sand filter w/ fusion chlorine feeder w/ mineral dipenseser. (Is this the magic You speek of Jim?)

I highly recommend you get more than one quote, if you are able, as there are probably more options out there than the one idea from this one PB.
Money thing I wish I would have known about and requested is unions on everything on my equiptment pad. With unions, when you have to replace equiptment, it's an easy screw in type job. We only have unions on our salt cell.
Also, get as many ch deck as you can possible afford. Furniture takes up a lot more space than you think it will.
For cleaning, a robot is really the best way to go!

Have fun! Congratulations on your future upgrade!!

Yeah the mineral part of it is the "magic" Jim talked of. It causes major problems down the road AND it is $$ to replace. Tell him no thank you on that.

Try to get model numbers for all of the equipment please so we can check it out.

Was it vermiculite he said he would put on the bottom? That is what most use.

Kim:kim:

Ok PB just left got a plan to deal with water and drainage. So they will do a "hard bottom",forgot what he called it. 18'x36' w/ 3' patio(I'll add more later ) 2 Jandy pro series led lights. 8' steps, Jandy 1hp pump, Js series 24" sand filter w/ fusion chlorine feeder w/ mineral dipenseser. (Is this the magic You speek of Jim?)

Yes, that is the 'magic' that Jim was talking about. You, for sure, don't want that. It adds copper and other stuff that just ends up messing up your pool in a fairly short time. Remember I mentioned 'tweaking' a package. This is a prime example. You want some sort of SWG or liquid chlorine dispenser system instead of the 'magic' fusion thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.