Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Southern Maryland

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Southern Maryland

Greetings,
    New to the site but excited to be here. Just purchased a great home that came with a 35k gallon inground pool. I think the old owner was ready to let it go because much of the original equipment starting to break down. Opened pool March 31st and immediately got a lesson on how the pool service inflates cost. Pool itself is great looking pool but does need a new salt chlorinater. Old one looks like it shorted out at salt cell. I did install a new variable speed pump to replace old single speed pump. It also help that electric company gave a 400 dollar rebate on it. I just ordered by own test kit recommended on here. Oringinally took water sample to pool shop and left with a ton of product and high cost. Looking forward to what I learn here and getting crystal clear water. Thank you for being here.
    Inground 20x40 vinyl w/ diving board, 35k. Jandy 1.65 VS Flopro Variable speed, Pentair FNS Plus DE filter, Autopilot Chlorine system( Auto Pilot not working), Aeropump Heat Pump Pool Heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Southern Maryland

Doc,

Welcome to TFP... A Great resource for all your pool questions. Just what the doctor ordered.

Good job on getting one of the recommended test kits.

In my opinion, a Saltwater pool is the right prescription for an easy to maintain and crystal clear pool

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hello from Southern Maryland

Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!