Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Finally...test numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally...test numbers

I have been working on the pool for about a week now getting things done so that I could get to the point of being able to get some good numbers to share... right now I think all of my numbers look really good except possibly my total alkalinity and I do have a question about that. In one place it says that you should not lower your alkalinity just to get within a certain range but then somewhere else I was reading that if you have an swg it is very important that you be within the right range so I'm just looking to find out what for sure I need to do about my alkalinity levels... should I make effort to lower it or just leave it alone?

FC 5.5
    CC 0
    PH 7.5
    TA 140
    CH 150
    CYA 70
    SALT 3290
    i have not done anything on borates yet... mainly just want to make sure I have all of my other critical numbers dialed in...

Thanks in advance for any tips!
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Finally...test numbers

Since you have a SWG, your pH will tend to rise. When it gets up around 7.8 you will use MA to lower it. When you do this the TA will go down also. Eventually, you should get to a point where the pH stays pretty much the same. So for now, I wouldn't worry too much about TA.
    Bob - INTEX 12x24 owner (not setup yet), 'New to me' Kreepy Krauly Sand Shark, Test kit: TF-100 w/Speed Stir

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Finally...test numbers

Sweet! Now I just have to keep and I on how my numbers move around day today based on the weather and get a feel for the personality of my pool now! Maybe now I can spend a little more time on my vacuuming situation and see if I can get that figured out since my chemical seem to be good to go
    Windy ☆ 22ft round, 11,400 gal, intex ag vinyl, SF70110-1 Intex sand filter/2800 gph pump, CS8110 intex swg, city water, solar heater, TF100 test kit/speed stirrer, over the wall intex skimmer~fall river ks~SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math