Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool has slow leak and makes it tough to keep up with levels

1. Back To Top    #1

pool has slow leak and makes it tough to keep up with levels

I think my pool has a slow leak. I seem to lose about 1/4" to 1/2' every 12 hours. It seems like i am adding water, testing and adding chems all the time.

Current readings are

FC - 8
    CC - 0
    pH - 7.2 - between 7.2 and 6.8
    TA - 80
    CH - 350
    CYA - 50

FC is good, CC is good.
    PH is low and pool math shows to add 125 oz of borax. I bought a box at walmart and the whole box is only 65 oz. is it right that I need to add 2 boxes?
    I am not sure what my TA should be at for a pool that is approx 20,000 gallons

I thought i saw somewhere the recommended levels of everything but I cant find it. I would like to know what to shoot for.

I know:
    FC should be around 8
    CC should be 0
    PH should be 7.8
    TA I am not sure
    CH I am not sure
    CYA I am not sure.

Any helps would help. thanks
    Last edited by tagteamcomputing; 04-15-2017 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
    Tulsa, OK,Gunite inground pool - lagoon finish - 20,000 gallons
    Hot tub in one corner that is raised about 3 feet and has two spillovers into the pool
    Small side pool with two pipes that jet up water and has two spillovers into the pool
    Has a sundeck at the front

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool has slow leak and makes it tough to keep up with levels

Here is the link: Pool School - Recommended Levels. More links below in my sig.

Your TA should be fine right now. PH does need to be over 7.2, but increase slowly if you must to ensure you're over 7.2. Once at 7.2, let it come-up naturally with some increased aeration (spillover, fountains, etc). Everything else looks quite good. Let us know if you still have questions.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!