Is there something I can use instead of Happy Bottem?

kimrst

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
West Michigan
Got my yard leveled and lots of glass and other things found in dirt in the ground. Going to install the rails and bricks tomorrow (weather permiting). Is there anything I could lay on the ground before putting down the sand to protect my liner, something I can get from Home Depote? Or is the 4 inches of sand enough? Its going to be a 28 foot ABG pool with a slight scoop in the center with a deep part of about 6 feet, 4 foot sides;if everything goes well. No one here ever built one before but lots of reading and building other things. Have the laser level, Escavator loaning us his. Thanks, Kim

You'd be surprised how those little things / stones / pieces of glass etc can work their way "up" through the sand. I would try to remove / rake everything you can before you put sand.

Perhaps you can get some screenings / road-mix / etc and do a 1" well packed layer and then do your sand. Cheap enough and it packs like concrete. I just did 4" of screenings for my overall base and my sand will be on top of that inside the pool. I'll be using Armor Shield over the screenings (before the sand goes on top)..

Right now after 2 passes with the plate compactor, I can park a car there if I wanted to and not leave a mark. Nice and packed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.