Spending more time on TFP

DaveNJ

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
Toms River, NJ
With the cold weather and rain almost everyday I'm spending more time on TFP. That's fine, but the only time at the pool is to check things, between rain storms. :rant:
Does anyone have some nice weather to send this way. :cheers:
Rant :blah: over!

same here..over 6" dumped in the past two weeks and it back at the top rim of the skimmer after today's storm...it's really starting to bother me, except that it has helped reduce my CH...i'll need to bump my salt and CYA back up, but my CH is down into the 200's after filling with 400+CH tap water

We've hardly been in since I opened. They were forecasting thunderstorms here, and after viewing the radar I cancelled our plans for friends to come over and swim and we went bowling instead. Naturally, while we spent 2 hours in the bowling alley it never rained, the sun came out and the kids ended up in the pool after 4pm but our friends didn't get to swim too. Forecasting rain all day tomorrow...we'll see. :rant:

The only ones in our pool since we opened it at the beginning of May have been the dogs. I live near Ken and have the same problem: pool near overflowing. Yesterday I lowered the level twice. I haven't tested for CYA in a month. At that time it was 30. My guess is, it's below test levels right now what with pumping water out and getting so much rain.

As to 'where is all this global warming?' I suspect this IS global warming - major shifts of weather across continents. :(

My CYA is so screwed. :| At the begining of the season, I got it to 40 ppm. The other day, I had to add more and I'm only at 35 ppm and that's after adding more! I went out and bought a solar cover today. My pool has yet to get above 74*. :shock: DH says it's a piece of junk! I said if you cut this one up like the last one, I'll chop your hands off! :evil:

I would gladly love to send California some of this rain! I'd love to swim in my pool without getting soaked before I enter the pool! :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We had quite a bit of rain in May, but June has been a different story. Have not had more than a passing shower in the last two weeks and now it's 95 - 98 degrees. Weather says it's gonna be in the low to mid 90's through next week with only a chance of rain one or two days next week. Welcome to summer in the south. Hot and Humid with a 15 minute afternoon shower to boost the humidity back up to unbearable. Pool is already 85 deg. I expect it will be near 90 by the end of the weekend.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.