Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spending more time on TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Spending more time on TFP

With the cold weather and rain almost everyday I'm spending more time on TFP. That's fine, but the only time at the pool is to check things, between rain storms.
    Does anyone have some nice weather to send this way.
    Rant over!
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spending more time on TFP

I wish I could send some sun.
    I has been very rainy here http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-rai ... 5474.story.
    In fact, I dumped 3" of water from my pool tonght (because of the recent rain.)

Where is all this global warming when we need it?

-Ken--
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App) http://www.simplepool.net

3. Back To Top    #3

same here..over 6" dumped in the past two weeks and it back at the top rim of the skimmer after today's storm...it's really starting to bother me, except that it has helped reduce my CH...i'll need to bump my salt and CYA back up, but my CH is down into the 200's after filling with 400+CH tap water
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

4. Back To Top    #4

I dump just enough to get the skimmers to "skim."
    I hate to throw away good water.
    I does not even make sense to back wash with the extra water bacause no one has been in the pool due to the weather.

-Ken-
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App) http://www.simplepool.net

5. Back To Top    #5

Well, I have been going over a week trying to get my FC to hold overnight, and it's been very sunny here every day. Darn it. I need a cloudy day bad!
    Sallie
    25 K gal., vinyl IG, Hayward 3/4 hp pump, Hayward Pro Series S-220T 18" sand filter, full sun all day, no main drain - Columbia, SC

6. Back To Top    #6

We've hardly been in since I opened. They were forecasting thunderstorms here, and after viewing the radar I cancelled our plans for friends to come over and swim and we went bowling instead. Naturally, while we spent 2 hours in the bowling alley it never rained, the sun came out and the kids ended up in the pool after 4pm but our friends didn't get to swim too. Forecasting rain all day tomorrow...we'll see.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

7. Back To Top    #7

Us Californians would be thrilled to see some of that rain you guys have been grabbing!
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

8. Back To Top    #8

We can send you some sun and heat. Its going to be 98 here today !! Triple digits if you factor in the humidity
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

9. Back To Top    #9

The only ones in our pool since we opened it at the beginning of May have been the dogs. I live near Ken and have the same problem: pool near overflowing. Yesterday I lowered the level twice. I haven't tested for CYA in a month. At that time it was 30. My guess is, it's below test levels right now what with pumping water out and getting so much rain.

As to 'where is all this global warming?' I suspect this IS global warming - major shifts of weather across continents.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

10. Back To Top    #10

My CYA is so screwed. At the begining of the season, I got it to 40 ppm. The other day, I had to add more and I'm only at 35 ppm and that's after adding more! I went out and bought a solar cover today. My pool has yet to get above 74*. DH says it's a piece of junk! I said if you cut this one up like the last one, I'll chop your hands off!

I would gladly love to send California some of this rain! I'd love to swim in my pool without getting soaked before I enter the pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

We had quite a bit of rain in May, but June has been a different story. Have not had more than a passing shower in the last two weeks and now it's 95 - 98 degrees. Weather says it's gonna be in the low to mid 90's through next week with only a chance of rain one or two days next week. Welcome to summer in the south. Hot and Humid with a 15 minute afternoon shower to boost the humidity back up to unbearable. Pool is already 85 deg. I expect it will be near 90 by the end of the weekend.
    18,500 Gal. 27 ft AG Vinyl - Hayward Pump with Cooper 21" Sand Filter - GO VOLS!

12. Back To Top    #12

Ours was 87 yesterday. With having triple digit temps over the next few days it will for sure get into the 90's
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

13. Back To Top    #13

Another week of thunderstorms on the way. Yesterday was nice, spent the day doing yard work while I could. I did glance at the pool while cutting the grass, cleaning up.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/