Skimmer filter function

Good call on the water level. If anything I think it may be too high, do you think this would cause the problem?

it actually was working fine a few days ago, the middle piece sat a level which continually purged water through, take it that's how it should work?

Yes. That's how it should work. Just sit in one place; not cycle up and down like in the video. That sucking sound kinda weirded me out :p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The problem you have on the video is that the skimmer basket is not level with the
water line. That makes the floating part stick and cycle like that. Make sure the whole
assembly is clean with no debri and level the basket.

Felipe

Opening the drain/sump did not resolve the issue with the skimmer float.

I thought as a general rule of thumb that the water level should be approx middle of skimmer area? I will double check but the only way to make the basket level with water line is to to lower water level, im pretty sure that it will then be less than 50% of the opening?

At times (i think when there is less water movement) it appears to work fine.

Below videos were taken ony few mins apart.

Not working
https://youtu.be/CQen7sf-8mk

Working
https://youtu.be/0klKm-5y-20

It looks like it's getting stuck due to friction. Maybe lightly sand the surfaces to get them to slide better. I've noticed that some of the plastics get porous over time and change properties after being in the pool environment.

Just to update this incase any one else has a similar issue.

I ordered another kit.... it was identical to the one I already had BUT it came with clips which secure the collar to the middle section, this prevents the collar from rising up too much therefore preventing the loss of suction. Glad it was a simple one!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.