Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I'm finally getting some free time where I can get my pool open and oh what a mess it is. The mesh cover was full of leaves under the surface of the water. Got out all I could but I had to take the cover off myself since I was home alone. I'm getting leaves off the bottom of the pool but I can only see down maybe 10" because it's so green. It's slimy along the wall and smells like a lake. Looks like I'm gonna have my work cut out for me.

I need to hook up my plumbing this evening and continue to get leaves off the bottom.

Here's some pictures of it.

IMG_0405.jpg
IMG_0406.jpg

Reactions: BuckeyeMac
Got all the plumbing hooked up and of course I have a few drips but I'm not going to worry to much about those right now. Skimmed a bunch of crud off the top, more leaves on the bottom and just fired up the pump. Looks like there is a bunch of what I assume is algae clumps all over the place.

Here are my numbers:
CYA = 0
FC = 0
CC = 0
TC = 0
TA = 100
CH = 75
PH = 7.2

It's been sunny all day and 83 degrees out.

I put enough bleach in to bring it up to 10ppm and I need to get more cya, only had enough to get up to about 20ppm.

I've skimmed, raked, brushed the entire pool and I'm sure there are still some leaves at the bottom, just can't see them.

Looks like rain the next 2 days and cloudy.

Don't forget that when you are SLaMMing you need to test and redose as often as possible. At least ever hour or so to start with. Once the chlorine starts to hold, then you can back off to ever few hours or so.

Gotcha, need to get more bleach. Just scooped out another 3 leaf rakes full of leaves, hopefully I have most of it out now. I did notice I can see a little farther down this morning...lol

@kimkats I'll leave the CYA as is for now then.

FC = 3ppm
CC = .5ppm
TC = 3.5ppm

Man I'm burning through the bleach, going to add more to get it back up to 10ppm. I can only check it at morning, lunch and evening....Is that ok?

Took a couple of pics, I can see the color changing even after a few days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you can add at lunch you are going to be one ahead of what I say for working folks like us.

1-morning after first cup of coffee
2-lunch (lucky to have this option)
3-when you get home
4-after dinner
5-right before bed

This works for most for working days.

:hug:

Kim:kim:

So do I need to check it that often? Better place order for more reagents tomorrow.

I hope I have finally gotten all the leaves out of the bottom, just when I think there can't be any more boom, more leaves....LOL

Here's a picture from this evening before I skimmed, raked, brushed, skimmed and raked again.

IMG_0596_zpscvbajucj.jpg

Checked it before bed and FC was 9.5ppm, added enough to get it up to 13ppm and this morning when I checked it was at 10ppm. It sure looks a lot better than it did but I still have a long way to go. I will check it again at lunch. I'll have to rake,skim and brush when I get home tonight.

It's been raining all morning long, water level is up some.

Checked FC at lunch, 9ppm, added more bleach to get me up to 11ppm. I know I'm supposed to be at 10ppm for my shock level but I just like to go a tad bit higher.

Here's a picture my daughter took of how the pool looked (she didn't want to go out in the rain).

pool_zps4geijvpw.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.