Swamp Fever...First Time Pool Opening....SLAM Time

Co-worker sounded defeated this morning when he said he checked his FC and it was 3ppm so he blindly dumped in a half gallon of bleach. Stupid is as stupid does, that's what I keep thinking about his whole pool mess.

Well I am sore as all get out between that and lifting yesterday at the gym.

She ran out towards the pool the night before last like she thought she was going to get in the pool until she remembered the fence is in the way. Funny to see her pop up like a prairie dog when we are in the pool, she wants in so bad.

Well Kim, we thought about that but she swims around so fast it's hard to keep up with her and I don't want her to accidentally tear the liner. She figured out she could lean on that fence and push it over enough so she could get to the pool rail. I fixed that last night after taking care of my weekly pool maintenance. Let's just say after golf, vacuuming the pool, brushing it and fixing the fence, I'm just a little sore today. I'm still working on getting my strength back on my right side so it makes normal everyday things a bit of a challenge...LOL

Have another co-worker asking how I take care of my pool. I told him and pointed him to this site. He said, you don't use algaecide or pucks, I said nope. He was saying the previous owner of the house he moved into used pucks and the water is clear.

Now the co-worker that is continuing to struggle said he's about ready to nuke his pool with algaecide if it's not clear by Saturday...guess what, it won't be clear by Saturday.

My tests from last night:
FC: 6.5 ppm
CC: 0 ppm
pH: 7.5
TA: 70

Being a little OCD about some things I got to thinking about a way to organize my TF100 test kit. I came across a thread the other day called Let's see your test kit!! (I think that's what it was called). I have to give credit to @pinguy for his tackle box idea. Yesterday I found one on sale for $10 so I picked it up. Here are some pictures of it with my test kit and I also lined it with some drawer liner stuff I had laying around that I used in my tool chest. One thing it's missing is the Speedstir, gotta get one soon.

35589293646_81b281d7bf_z.jpg

34787510274_b92fb5a178_z.jpg

35589318426_a7078ef8a3_z.jpg

@kimkats Thanks Kim, I really like this set up!!!

Pump question....I pretty much have been running my pump 24/7 and would like to cut down how long I run it but not sure I can right now. I still have a lot of stuff blowing in from some trees around the property that decided to bloom early this year. I feel like if I cut the run time down my pool is gonna be a mess. What do you think? My wife hasn't said anything about our electric bill so I guess it's not causing to much of an issue that way.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you have a timer for the pump? If so start cutting the run time down 2 hours at a time. Keep cutting hours until your pool is not being kept clean then add an hour or so back in until you find what works for your pool and area.

Kim:kim:

No I don't but I'm pretty much awake 20 hours a day so I can manually turn it on and off....LOL

I'll give that a try, I might find that I can't stand the water not circulating and having some stuff on top. Heck I can't stand it now when there are a few little white flower buds floating around.

Didn't get to use the pool but one day out of the last 4 days due to rain but my water is still crystal clear...LOL

At least I managed to vacuum it yesterday and check all my chem levels, all good, water was 80 degrees.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.