Landscaper suggested adding 1 1/2 tons soil to level ground for Intex pool?

Jul 21, 2015
Ocean County , NJ
I am planning on putting up an Intex Ultraframe 18 x 52. Our yard is sloped , and my husband doesn't want to hand dig it himself to get it level. Had a landscaper come out to get an estimate on grading it (assuming they would use a bobcat and get it done pretty quickly and easily). He suggested that we should have about 1 1/2 tons of soil added to where we want to put the pool as a means to get the area level instead of digging it. Doesn't sound like a good idea to me , but maybe I'm wrong. Any thoughts on this?

You need to dig down rather than build up. This is especially true with these Intex Ultraframes. If hes talking mechanical compaction and has a soils report on the imported soil I might listen, but that's too technical when the safe simple thing is to dig down to level.

Thanks guys. I read as many posts on here as I could find about leveling , and couldn't find any good examples of using soil to build up. Thought I would put it out there just in case I missed something. Will get a couple other landscapers over to look at the job and have it done correctly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.