Setting up Intex 20' x 30"

dorgan

Apr 13, 2017
Rockledge, FL
Just finished setting up/fill the new pool tonight. I will be adding chemicals tomorrow after an initial test. Definitely going to be upgrading the pump, but want to get up and running first. I have twin 5 year old girls who are VERY excited about this.

Does anyone have one of these types of pools running all year round? I live in Florida and plan to keep this pool up all year round, wondering if anyone has any success in doing this.

8d9feaeab884b384b5f15eec720c5ad6.jpg
c48173cde379996de22b3a5d79a86345.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! I bet they are SO ready to jump in no matter how burrrrrrrr the water is! What fun!

If you are going to keep it up year round you will need to put something up around it to keep the grass from growing to and under it and to keep rain from washing the sand out from under it.

Do you have something under the pool legs?

You can keep it up year round but the leaves and stuff are going to drive you mad in the fall! LOL

Kim:kim:

There is a ring around the area where the sand is as we had to rip out the grass in order to level the ground and such, and then the sand is in there. So I can keep that clear of the grass. Not sure what you mean by "Do you have something under the pool legs?"

Are the legs on the ground, or are they on patio blocks/pavers? The weight of the pool my pull the legs into the ground over time, so it's recommended to put a 2" thick patio block under each leg.

Setting up Intex 20' x 30"

Are the legs on the ground, or are they on patio blocks/pavers? The weight of the pool my pull the legs into the ground over time, so it's recommended to put a 2" thick patio block under each leg.

Oh ok. I I'll pick those up today. Hopefully now that the pool is full I will be able to get them under them...

Re: Setting up Intex 20' x 30"

Oh ok. I I'll pick those up today. Hopefully now that the pool is full I will be able to get them under them...

I doubt you will be able to do this now, the blocks need to be flush with the ground/sand. I don't know how you would lift the legs.... water weighs 8.36 pounds per gallon.

Anyone used the Clorox pool app in the past. Before knowing about this site and the proper test kit I purchased their test strips and that's what I have been using until I can get a proper test kit. So far after its dosing recommendations today I have the following results:

4775d008d2a25d10f1bfab67ff8f39ad.jpg

It had me add 1 tbsp of phUp today so I have done that and I am letting the pump run.

My question is it possible to get the levels better than this while using their test strips/app?

It's impossible to have a FC of 1ppm, and a TC of zero. TC is the sum of FC + CC (FC+CC=TC).

That app does not follow TFP guidelines.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, we've managed to go through the first pump. Probably not that hard to do as my 75 gallon reef tank has a stronger pump on it. So instead of dealing with warranty and such I've instead purchased the Intex 2500gph pump and the 1.25" to 1.5" hose adapters. Now I'll be able to vacuum without having to put water in the pool! I decided not to go with the sand filter as I only expect to have this pool up for two years until we start the in ground build.

Are the any other upgrade anyone would recommend on this pool?

So the new pump came today and the adapters are coming tomorrow. Although thy may be the wrong size as most of the reading I have done says I need to buy 1.25" to 1.5" adapters and it looks like the hoses for the new pump are 2" on the opening alone.

Also the new return head is massive compared the one on the pool. Should I be cutting out the nipples for the old return head and be putting the new head on this pool? It's a 2500gph pump, did I go too big?

48cc194facdf6b13c3f3e704754c6980.jpg

f458218debcdd5c1bac5be4448a5dbd7.jpg

cee4e3562e3faebc807b62e245a9f47d.jpg

01a0abdf3aeb928c96ef4bae218ad5d4.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.