Micro Fusion pebble finish?? Rain

Jeff F

Aug 6, 2013
I'm currently having a pool built and am close to completion. I'm scheduled to have a micro fusion midnight blue finish installed in my pool this weekend.

I've been told this is a 2 day process, first they apply the finish and the next day they do a mild acid wash to expose the pebble finish.

I'm a little concerned because the weather is unsettled and the 2nd day they are calling for rain, which is the day of the acid wash and pool fill up.

The pool builder is telling me it's no big deal and the rain is fine because it's just the acid wash and fill up and there is no issue with streaking because it's a pebble finish rather than plaster.

Just wondering if this is true? Or should I be concerned?

I was worried because after the plaster crew applied my plaster, their cleanup crew hosed off the concrete causing streams of water from the joints in the deck. The next day the acid wash crew did the same thing and my finish has been very homogenous with no imperfections. We have the micro fusion laguna, so more of a blue finish instead of grey, but I doubt it would make much of a difference.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.