Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AQR-15 Install for AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

AQR-15 Install for AGP

Just purchased an AQR-15 system for my 18000 gallon above ground pool. I am still a bit nervous about the salt water and my steel walled pool, but decided to go for the SWG anyway. I will be doing the install myself, so any tips or advice for the install that may not be obvious??

30'x52'' AGP 21,000 Gallons
    TWM 2.64 SF Sand Filter w/ Century 1.5 HP Pump
    BBB'er for life!
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AQR-15 Install for AGP

I would be nervous too. People disagree about how much damage salt is with regard to pools and surroundings, but I guarantee it will speed the corrosion process here. Salt left behind on steel is no good in my humble opinion.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: AQR-15 Install for AGP

I'd also stay away from installing a SWG on a steel walled pool myself and only use a SWG on a pool that has high quality stainless steel or resin materials. Also keep watch on the salt content of the water as the salt level will rise over time due to most forms of chlorine adding salt to the water.

I agree with Patrick in that it will speed up the corrosion and in a few years you might regret having the SWG.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process